SATURDAY, AUGUST 11 CHALLENGE: THE FOOD!

Let's take a Road Trip. Whether you're taking a day trip or a trip across country - there are always places to see and things to do. Join us all month long as we stop and smell the roses, and enjoy the little distractions along the way.
BarbP
Sous Chef

SATURDAY, AUGUST 11 CHALLENGE: THE FOOD!

Post by BarbP » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Welcome to our Blue Plate Special challenges for August! Join us all month long in August as we take a road trip. Whether you're taking a day trip or a trip across the country, there are always places to see and things to do. Join us all month long as we stop and smell the roses and enjoy the little distractions along the way.

The deadline is September 3 to complete the challenges; please post in the member gallery and here in the challenge threads. Each entry earns you one chance in the prize drawing -- with a $10 gift certificate for the winner to the online store of your choice!

Today's challenge involves a topic near and dear to my heart -- the FOOD! One of my favorite aspects of traveling is visiting restaurants and sampling local cuisine. Sometimes we're in a hurry and opt for what's fast, close and familiar (think "fast food" or chain restaurants), but we also enjoy asking residents for their recommendations on where to go and what to eat. Because after all, "YOU GOTTA EAT!"

For today's challenge, please feature some aspect of dining on vacation. Was there a local "hole in the wall" that you loved? A fine dining experience? A regional dish?

Please post your finished layout, card or other project in this thread no later than September 3; remember, EACH entry earns you ONE entry into the monthly prize drawing. Can't wait to see what you create!
BARB PRENDERGAST

Beth
Sous Chef

Re: SATURDAY, AUGUST 11 CHALLENGE: THE FOOD!

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:18 am

Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Tamara
Sous Chef

Post by Tamara » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:00 am

This one took a little extra effort. lol I had to find some photos that would work and send them out to be printed. Luckily my DH picked them up on his home way home from work.

BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:35 am

Loving all of your food-related layouts!
BARB PRENDERGAST

sdwhru
Station Chef

Post by sdwhru » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:25 am