Looking for a new washer

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Looking for a new washer

Post by Jan Mosier »

What do you have and would you recommend it? I don't know if I want a front loader or top loader. I know that I don't want one with a glass lid because of the cat. I also know that I don't need one with wi-fi or a steam cycle. I just need a large capacity washer that can handle a queen size comforter with ease. And while I'm shopping for a new washer, I might as well get the matching dryer. :roll:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Looking for a new washer

Post by Tamara »

Oh good luck! We just went through the washer issue they don’t make them like they used to I had a Cabrio that was just fine but it only lasted five years. The salesman told us the best one on the market as the LG. We told him that we hate LG refrigerators and it had nothing but problems with ours. He says the washers and dryer‘s are a different department and we ended up getting the LG. It is a very large tub but it does have a glass top. So far I am very happy with it and we also have a seven-year warranty this time. They had $100 Back to school sale so it only cost us $30 and then he threw in the extra year because of something I don’t remember.
Just make sure you get one that’s on sale I don’t pay full price.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

We have LG washers and dryers - front load and do most of our comforters/blankets. Only my california king blanket does it not handle. We really like ours - they are red, too :lol: Does have a glass door
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I also have front-loading LG and am pleased with them.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I'm still using Maytag (both washer & dryer) washer is top loading & it's 10+ years old, and still does everything I need it to do.

I do have to take our King Size comforter to the laundry mat though. ;)
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I have a Kenmore washer and dryer. They're a little over 5 yrs old and I've never had a problem with them. The washer is a top load, no glass lid, and it doesn't have an agitator so you can really fit a lot in there.

Return to “Daily Chatter”