Are schools reopening this fall?

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Are schools reopening this fall?

Post by Jan Mosier »

Not that I have school age children, but would still like to know.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Are schools reopening this fall?

Post by Lolis »

My school is 100% in person. Federal money was sent to schools only if they had 100% in person.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Yes school is starting soon! They are trying to get kids 12 and under to go to wearing masks again since the delta variant has gone crazy here but not sure that is going to fly. They should be able to get vaccinated before the end of the year. My high school senior grandson who didn't want to get vaccinated finally decided it was best. He was disappointed when band camp cancel last year because of covid and he will be in a marching band as well this year so it was wise to get vaccinated. He has three weeks of band camp now. I was happy that he made the decision so I can be around him too without a mask. Although my Dr. is recommending me to wear a mask indoors again and especially in large groups. WE had 2,200 cases just yesterday. It is all the ones below age 65 that are dying who were not vaccinated.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

largest school union spokesperson today and hinted that they may not. It would be nice to get a straight answer about something.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Our governor made it illegal for the schools to require the students or anyone to wear masks. We can only recommend it. Schools will be fined if they require masks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Lolis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:44 pm Our governor made it illegal for the schools to require the students or anyone to wear masks. We can only recommend it. Schools will be fined if they require masks.
I agree with this!!

Sadly, I've heard in Ohio that masks will be required at school. My grandson Brady wore it all this past school year. So sad about this. It's a huge distraction and harmful for the kids to have to wear them all day long. Our schools are older and not that air conditioned either! Alot of the kids have been together all Summer at the pool, in sports, band, etc. and I really see no point in going back to the masks!! grrrr.......
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Our schools are open 100% with no masks. They go back Aug. 10th and our governor has mandated that no school can make the kids wear masks even though we are a very hot spot right now.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

My school district is reopening on August 16 for all students. Masks are recommended for those teachers/students not vaccinated, but it's not a mandate. This might change with the Delta variant wreaking so much havoc. I was vaccinated back in March. My husband was in December. Both of my children were as well in April. So I'm not quite as concerned about going back to work, but I have a sneaking suspicion we might be seeing Covid-19 2.0 in the near future with shut downs/mandates.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Deanna13 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:51 pm
Lolis wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:44 pm Our governor made it illegal for the schools to require the students or anyone to wear masks. We can only recommend it. Schools will be fined if they require masks.
I agree with this!!

Sadly, I've heard in Ohio that masks will be required at school. My grandson Brady wore it all this past school year. So sad about this. It's a huge distraction and harmful for the kids to have to wear them all day long. Our schools are older and not that air conditioned either! Alot of the kids have been together all Summer at the pool, in sports, band, etc. and I really see no point in going back to the masks!! grrrr.......
I teach in Ohio, and from what I've gathered, it's a school district decision about masks at this point in the game. With the changing guidelines at the CDC and in Washington DC, this could change...But as of right now, I believe the state has made it a local decision.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

sthom97093 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:42 pm
Deanna13 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:51 pm
I agree with this!!

I teach in Ohio, and from what I've gathered, it's a school district decision about masks at this point in the game. With the changing guidelines at the CDC and in Washington DC, this could change...But as of right now, I believe the state has made it a local decision.
That's great to hear, but that's not what I read. Keeping hope at our school. I think there's a parent meeting this week.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”