Thursday - 1/21/2021

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Thursday - 1/21/2021

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

So what's on everyones agenda today?? Last night was my late night, and when I got home from work Shawn wanted to watch a couple of shows that we had DVRd so my time in my scraproom was very limited. I did manage to get the Telephone Tag Reveal up and posted here and on the Facebook Group - this was a super quick round!! Great job with the lifts. . .

Not really sure what our plans are for this evening after work. I do know that Jackie asked me to send her a care package (I still have Christmas gifts, etc for her and the babies (Santa things were shipped directly to her)), so I'm guessing any trip here has been put off indefinitely for the time being. Makes me sad, but it's understandable. . .Shawn is bringing a box home from work today, and I'll have him stop at the drug store for Valentine's stuff for them as well. . .

Happy Scrappin! Stay Safe!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Thursday - 1/21/2021

Post by Deanna13 »

Good Morning Tammy and everyone! DH had his thyroid surgery on Tuesday so been busy with him. The mass behind his breast bone was the size of a tangerine and they also took the thyroid. His incision is much larger than we anticipated about 4 inches across. Thankfully it wasn't cancer though, which we knew from the biopsy. He's doing pretty well, keeping in those pain meds.

I haven't slept well for the past couple nights, but hope to scrap alittle today.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Good morning ladies.

Tammy - sorry to hear about no visits in the near future. Hopefully things will change soon.
Deanna - glad to hear hubby is doing well.

HOPEFULLY today is the day I will get my review. The boss always tells me one thing and then gets caught up in something and it never happens. I just want it over with already. We've been talking about it for a couple of weeks now!

Last night I emptied out the armoire and put the cubes together. I was surprised at how light they are. Now I need hubby and my son to move the armoire out. Hoping that gets done tonight. I'd like to keep moving along...

Has anyone here been to New Orleans? We are seriously thinking about a trip this summer and I'm looking for ideas/recommendations.

Have a great day!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Morning!
lazy day for me. Had a Zoom meeting this morning. Just finished up a LO and hope to work on more.
Deanna, glad to hear DH is doing well.
Wendy, I have been to New Orleans. It was after the hurricane so I didn't get to see much. I did love the architecture but hated bourbon street..even when it was pretty deserted. It was a pretty eerie trip. Make sure you have plenty of beignets. So yummy.
Enjoy your day, ladies!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Morning!!
Tammy so sad that seeing your grandbabes is on hold. It's so hard not seeing them.
Deanna hope things go well for your husbands recovery.
Just laundry and bathrooms today. Then scrapping and organizing this afternoon. It's a blue skies sunny day but only 27 degrees so I prefer being inside looking out.
Happy Thursday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tammy, sorry you won't be seeing the grands anytime soon. It is sooo hard!
Deanna, glad to hear hubby is doing well!
Wendy, I've went to New Orleans back in 1982. We only had 2 days there as we were catching the Mississippi Queen for a cruise up the Mississippi. The food was amazing and definitely don't miss the beignets. Bourbon St. was a lot of fun but then again I was in my 20's. At night the streets are full of partyers and lots of street bands. During the day they had all sorts of artists displaying their work around the cathedral. It was fun but kinda overwhelming.

I was up early today and went for my walk....1st time in over a week....it felt so good. Only plans for today is some scrapping before I head to an exercise class this afternoon.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Cloudy and cool out today so I'm piddling inside the house. Did a few light chores this morning....folding laundry, unloading the dishwasher, feeding the animals and paying bills. Gave T-Bone (Jack's dog) a much needed bath. He smells so much better now. I think he also knew he stunk because he did really well which is so uncharacteristic for him.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Deanna13 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:05 am Good Morning Tammy and everyone! DH had his thyroid surgery on Tuesday so been busy with him. The mass behind his breast bone was the size of a tangerine and they also took the thyroid. His incision is much larger than we anticipated about 4 inches across. Thankfully it wasn't cancer though, which we knew from the biopsy. He's doing pretty well, keeping in those pain meds.

I haven't slept well for the past couple nights, but hope to scrap alittle today.
I’m so glad - mine has had to have a couple of different types of ultrasounds on his and now they are referring him to an endocrinologist. Did your DH just decide to go ahead and have his removed?
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Wendy, haven’t really been to New Orleans just through there - looks/sounds like fun except for Bourbon Street. If not, there are other big towns in Louisiana you could check out too. Enjoy your units! Can’t wait to see them

Just work for me and come home and watched tv with hubby while I did toe exercises LOL. Been freezing all night so I finally came to bedroom and made him turn on the bedroom heater. Glad tomorrow is Friday; thinking I will stop and get donuts for the office tomorrow.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

sdwhru wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:04 pm
Deanna13 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:05 am Good Morning Tammy and everyone! DH had his thyroid surgery on Tuesday so been busy with him. The mass behind his breast bone was the size of a tangerine and they also took the thyroid. His incision is much larger than we anticipated about 4 inches across. Thankfully it wasn't cancer though, which we knew from the biopsy. He's doing pretty well, keeping in those pain meds.

I’m so glad - mine has had to have a couple of different types of ultrasounds on his and now they are referring him to an endocrinologist. Did your DH just decide to go ahead and have his removed?
Yes, the Dr. said later down the road it might be worse to remove and they'd have to go through his chest instead of his neck. Also he's planning on retiring in the next few months and was hoping to get surgery, etc. out of the way.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”