Wednesday 1-20-21

Wendy
Sous Chef

Wednesday 1-20-21

Post by Wendy »

Good morning everyone! Happy Hump Day! It sure feels like this week is dddrrrraaagiiinnnnng!

I took my son shopping for clothes last night for grad pics. With all of the color options for shirts and ties, surprisingly, he stuck with basic black and white. (makes scrapbooking pics easier...lol)

i ran into an old "friend" last night. She asked if I was still scrapbooking and I told her about my new organization cubes. She started to go on and on about how much stuff she has and needs to find room for it. I was saying the same thing. She started asking about the cubes and how she wouldn't even know if it was enough for her stash....yada, yada,....everything I said, she negated and had to out do me. I stop responding and just smiled and nodded. Later last night, she sends me a pic of her stash...1 plastic bin. And went on about how it's stuffed to the top. I don't want to sound witchy, but ....it was so cute. lol. I wish a pic of my stash would fit in one pic! I don't like "one-uppers". Maybe I'll send her a pic of my cubes when I'm done...lol.

Oh well, have a great day!!!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: Wednesday 1-20-21

Post by phillisw »

Wendy. too bad your "friend" has to be like that
I am busy today with a chiropractor apt this am and my hair apt this afternoon. I also plan to get the page done for telephone tag
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Good Morning! I love my drama free life. Wendy be glad you don't run into your friend often. And yes be sure to send her a pic :lol:
I haven't sewed in a month but everyday I am working in this scrap room. More progress is being made daily, eventually I will have a comfortable mess. Still waiting for snow. haha it will be spring and then we will get plastered, just wait.
Happy Wednesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Wendy, I hope you do send her a pic of your cubes! Why do people have to be like that!

Woke up this morning to thumps on the roof. I'm hoping it was just squirrels up on the roof and not in the attic. They use our roof as a bridge from the trees behind our house to our palm tree in the front yard where they build nests and chew off palm fronds. They've already chewed on the tops of our exhaust vents on the roof so badly we had to have them replaced. Thankfully the new covers are squirell proof. Anyway....hoping to scrap this afternoon. Dh will be gone most of the afternoon....woohoo....time to myself!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Oh, Wendy, I bet I have more than you! :lol: :lol: My sister is a one upper and I have to leave the room after being with her for a while. One time I told her that I slammed all three of my hands in the car door and she still one-upped me! She never stopped to listen to what I was even saying and that's the real problem. I just have to let it go. You could send her a very nice text with a pic. saying that you thought you would share seeing how you had discussed the storage option but it just might cause another round of upmanship so I would just let it go.
In my world today, I went to bible study, the grocery store, am heading to the attic to continue organizing, and hopefully scrapping. It's a beautiful day with sunny skies....love it here...no snow!
Have a great Wed. all!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Wendy, I have encountered people like that also. Just smile and agree or the conversation could go on forevah. Some people you just can't win with. I have a couple of those types in my family and I just smile and agree.

It's gorgeous here today!!! The sun is out and the dogs are enjoying the warmer weather. I just got back from paying my water bill. I usually mail it in but this months bill, as well as next months bill is higher than normal because of the leak I had a while back. I completed the leak adjustment application and was told to pay $100 this month. Not sure what it will be next month yet. Januarys bill is behind me and that's all that matters. No plans today. I'm hoping to push some papers around and shower later.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
KMG

Post by KMG »

Tracy F wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 pm Wendy, I hope you do send her a pic of your cubes! Why do people have to be like that!

Woke up this morning to thumps on the roof. I'm hoping it was just squirrels up on the roof and not in the attic. They use our roof as a bridge from the trees behind our house to our palm tree in the front yard where they build nests and chew off palm fronds. They've already chewed on the tops of our exhaust vents on the roof so badly we had to have them replaced. Thankfully the new covers are squirell proof. Anyway....hoping to scrap this afternoon. Dh will be gone most of the afternoon....woohoo....time to myself!
I was so excited for you. I thought you were going to tell us it was Santa’s reindeer!
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

KMG wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:42 pm
Tracy F wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 pm Wendy, I hope you do send her a pic of your cubes! Why do people have to be like that!

I was so excited for you. I thought you were going to tell us it was Santa’s reindeer!

I was hoping too!! I mean...deliveries have been pretty slow lately....lol
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

So sorry about your “friend” Wendy. Everyone’s right there are always some people that have to rain on your parade. Don’t let them steal your joy.

Just a work day for me; I did think my small order from Joann’s was going to be in today but I haven’t seen it yet. It is just a few small items for my Happy Planner. The last time I ordered 1 item from Joann’s you should have seen the size of the box. I ordered a Mickey head punch - the box was bigger than 12 X 12 X 8. I was like, seriously???
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Hey everyone; waiting for class to start and thought I'd stop in for a second. Wendy...there's always one...thankfully my one moved away! And I love my Kallax cubes too! I bought some for my bedroom to store books in; that's my other hobby, and my bedroom was looking more like a library than a bedroom. I hope you all have a good night and good starts to your day tomorrow.

Return to “Daily Chatter”