Mail Problems?

Deanna13
Challenge Team

Mail Problems?

Post by Deanna13 »

Anyone else having problems with their mail?

For past couple months I've had problems receiving bills. I do pay some online, but some I still get a bill in the mail and then send a check. In December Our cable company didn't receive my payment so I paid it online the day it was due and the original one I paid was also received that day. So, I initially paid for Dec and Jan. Then our gas bill arrived 2 days after it was supposed to be paid and I again paid it online.

On Dec 29 I mailed our Discover payment which is due tomorrow the 14th and they still haven't received payment. It's a large payment with Christmas purchases, etc. I guess I'll be paying it online tomorrow.

I'm just so tired of having to watch out for the bills to come when we never had this problem before. I think our mail is getting held up somewhere.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Mail Problems?

Post by Tracy F »

What a pain Deanna!! Sorry you're having such a hard time with your mail. We pay all our bills through online banking...makes it so much easier. When the bill comes in we set it up for payment and don't have to worry about it. Plus we have the best mail person....our whole community raves about her.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

So frustrating. And is it really because there’s so much more bulk mail. Or are they just short of workers?
Hope it gets better for you!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I’ve had a few like that - one payment was late due to Thanksgiving holiday. I had mailed it out 15 days before it was due and it took until the Monday afterwards to post. I’ve gotten to where I am checking everything to make sure it goes through. Ugh!

Some of our packages are taking a couple of extra days, too. Our postal deliverer is great, but she can only delivery what she gets.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

same here Deanna - and it has been going on a few months now . . .I was finding myself second guessing things. Did I pay it? Did I not?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I know your frustration Deanna! We bought our house in Florida a month before 9/11 happened. The mortgage company didn't receive our first check. The second one either and they were getting very angry! The first one eventually showed up. The second one never did! And the third one was really late too. We lived near Boca Raton where the anthrax problems started so we think our mail was destroyed a few times because they were worried about getting the poison! Thankfully we never had any more problems after that! But it's very frustrating! And it can get expensive too. Hope yours gets straightened out soon!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Updating....I checked repeatedly our Discover and Banking statements before repaying the Discover bill on the 14th when it was due.

Then, this morning the 15th the Discover statement was updated to show the original payment posted on the 13th and the repayment on the 14th. grrrrrr......

Anyway, I'm way ahead for the next billing.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I've noticed a few bills showing up late. I think I just saw a news item on this too.
I have a bigger problem with packages showing up. I had a package show up at the end of December that was mailed out in August.
So frustrating because everyone is second guessing everything.

Return to “Daily Chatter”