RQOTD Aug. 1, 2020

Tracy F
Challenge Team

RQOTD Aug. 1, 2020

Post by Tracy F »

Do you read a daily newspaper and if you do is it online or the actual paper?

We still have the local newspaper delivered daily. I could live without it but dh loves it and his day is not complete if he doesn't read every single section.
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: RQOTD Aug. 1, 2020

Post by Wendy »

I don't get a physical paper anymore. I read everything online
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Neither, too depressing. :lol: If it's important enough I usually hear about from my mother or sister and then I will search online for more information.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

The only newspaper we read is our local newspaper which comes out once a week. I usually would get it at school, I just read it to see my sons, students, or school’s accomplishments being recognized.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

We get the paper version now and then. I don't read it, tho now and then Mom will save me a section. I don't even think she reads it.
--Danielle--
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

No we haven't for quite a while. I only read headlines, then if interested click into the story. I am appalled at the number of stupid comments that people say online and bicker back and forth most of the time stuff that doesn't even pertain to the article.
for instance the other day there was a freak tragic accident in the city next to us. A lady stopped on a 40 mile an hour road because a dog jumped in front of her. The guy behind her wasn't paying attention and hit her which resulted in pushing her forward and out of control to the other side of the street up over the curb hitting a mother and her twin girls in a stroller and pushing them into the concrete fence. One girl died at the scene. The other was life flighted to a childrens hospital and the mother was taken to another hospital in critical condition. People were commenting that the lady should of just hit the dog. Like she knew how the other circumstances were going to play out. Then the mother checked herself out of the hospital to get to the other hospital to be with her child and the news made a big deal about her checking herself out. Come to find out she was a single mother. SO many people jump to conclusions and think they have all the answers. So sorry for the ramble but I just keep thinking about this poor mom just out for a walk. Why couldn't the car go up on the curb in front of her or behind her. Just tragic. And to top it off I have a friend who knows her and her daughters babysit the girls. They are heartbroken.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I get a physical copy of the paper every day. It's part of my morning routine to flip through it. But the real reason I like getting the paper is to do the puzzles. I like doing the word scramble and the crossword. My husband does the sudoku.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

sthom97093 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:59 am I get a physical copy of the paper every day. It's part of my morning routine to flip through it. But the real reason I like getting the paper is to do the puzzles. I like doing the word scramble and the crossword. My husband does the sudoku.
I do the sudoku and Wordy Gurdy, sometimes the crossword too.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tracy F wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:24 am
sthom97093 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:59 am I get a physical copy of the paper every day. It's part of my morning routine to flip through it. But the real reason I like getting the paper is to do the puzzles. I like doing the word scramble and the crossword. My husband does the sudoku.
I do the sudoku and Wordy Gurdy, sometimes the crossword too.
It's become part of my AM ritual during the summers to do the crossword and then start my day. Kinda like my own little meditation time....
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Not anymore. I get an email with Alaska news and I follow a couple of news sources on Facebook. And the radio show that Steve listens to is in Florida where we used to live so we pretty much get it all. If there's something we're interested in we'll search it out and find out more. We don't even watch news on TV anymore!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Question of the Day”