March 2nd BBC Banner Challenge

Join us ALL month long as Cookin' up Creations celebrates it's 3rd year anniversary....for the second time around!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

March 2nd BBC Banner Challenge

Post by Jan Mosier »

As you know we are celebrating the 3rd anniversary of Cookin' Up Creations. With that said, let's get this party started with the first challenge of the month! Today's challenge is a sketch challenge. I chose this sketch by Citrus Twist. I also challenge you to pull out those scraps and create a new layout with them and add some banners, because what's a birthday celebration without banners!

Here's my example. If you look close some of my pattern papers have shapes cut out of them but instead of tossing them I decided to use them anyway. I also used letters from several sticker sheets to create my title. Nothing goes to waste here at my house......not even cake! :D

Have fun and happy scrapping!

As always, a new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' Up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Any month that we have more than 50 completed layouts/creations, the prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate instead of $10.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: March 2nd BBC Banner Challenge

Post by Tamara »

So cute! Great minds think a like! I chose a banner challenge for mine too so I would be quick on the draw here except I definitely didn't use this sketch :lol: :lol: :lol: Good thing we are flexible. haha
Can't wait to find a pic for this one!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great minds must think alike! I was going to do a banner challenge also but at the last minute changed my mind.

This is so cute and the sketch is awesome!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tamara wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:20 am So cute! Great minds think a like! I chose a banner challenge for mine too so I would be quick on the draw here except I definitely didn't use this sketch :lol: :lol: :lol: Good thing we are flexible. haha
Sorry, Tamara. I didn't know you were doing a banner challenge this month.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
TerriB
Prep Cook

Post by TerriB »

Love this challenge & your layout!! Thank you!!
Daily Forecast: Scrapping with a chance of chocolate.
KAREN#1
In the Kitchen

Post by KAREN#1 »

What a cute photo, Jan! I like the colorful example. I'm so tired of the dark cloudy days and have starting to use more colors myself. This is an awesome choice for the sketch.
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Love the sketch and the banner idea!
Petra Mutchler
Sous Chef

Post by Petra Mutchler »

Love the challeneg
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Mosier wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:11 am
Tamara wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:20 am So cute! Great minds think a like! I chose a banner challenge for mine too so I would be quick on the draw here except I definitely didn't use this sketch :lol: :lol: :lol: Good thing we are flexible. haha
Sorry, Tamara. I didn't know you were doing a banner challenge this month.
There's no way you would know. I just studied it hard and switched to something else with the same layout. If it wasn't a sketch I could of posted it in yours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “March 2020 - Birthday Bash Celebration.”