Thursday - 11/14/19

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Thursday - 11/14/19

Post by tammyfolk »

Good morning ladies -

so what's on everyones agenda today? Everyone staying warm??

I'm headed out to work, and then tonight, we're going out to dinner as a family. We haven't done that in awhile, and figured it was about time. Now we have to decide where, as apparently no one can ever agree, and there is only three of us. . .

Jackie still hasn't committed on a date to be here yet. . .she was supposed to be here for Halloween, and then right after, and now it's approaching Thanksgiving fast. . . .and still no date. Getting really discouraged, but I have to remember that even though I pay for the trip, she still has to drive it - over 13 hours with 2 babies and 2 dogs . . .just wish I could convince them to move closer.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Thursday - 11/14/19

Post by Jan Mosier »

I'm so thankful to have Kyle next door to me.......although he might disagree. :lol:

It's cold here again this morning. High today of 44. Not much on the agenda.......laundry, dogs, dogs and more dogs. Hoping for a somewhat quiet day so I can possibly play in my scraproom some.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Up early for my morning walk in the cold, wind and even a bit of a sprinkle. Headed out grocery shopping shortly. I do a lot of baking for the holidays so need some supplies. Hope to get at least one batch of cookies done this afternoon. I'm so behind on everything I need to get done by Christmas. We have a big yearly Christmas party and I finally picked a date to have it. Now comes the hard part of trying to figure out a menu and who to invite. We used to invite our whole street but we've got close to 100 people on it now and that's way too many, so I'm gonna have to pick and choose which will be hard.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

It's retreat day!! I am picking up a couple of friends downtown this morning at the hotel. They flew in from California yesterday. I'll shuttle them to the scrapbook store (everything is 20% off this week if you are going to the retreat) Then take them to see whatever else they want to see while here. We'll go to lunch then take them back to the hotel. Then I am off to the airport to pick up another retreat attendee flying in from California. I'm taking her straight to the store. Then we have to come back South and pick up the friend that rides with me to all the retreats. dinner and then to the retreat to set up all our stuff. It will be a busy day, just hoping all my oxygen batteries make it since I won't be able to start charging them till we get to the retreat. I think I will have the car charge as we go since I am not coming back home in between, Oh My!!! Every minute of this day is full.
Happy Thursday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I got a little work on a layout last night but tonight I need to pick up the house.
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

Work. Then ducked out to the shops to get a 10 year olds birthday present for my youngest daughters friend.
The Aupair cooked dinner for us last night, it was lovely not having to cook for once.
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

Work. Then ducked out to the shops to get a 10 year olds birthday present for my youngest daughters friend.
The Aupair cooked dinner for us last night, it was lovely not having to cook for once.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Jeff, Erica and Isla are coming for Thanksgiving. We haven't seen them in well over a year, so we are looking forward to having them here. My spouse, who complained about all of my holiday decorations, has decided to start buying Christmas stuff to put in the yard and windows. Retirement can do funny things to some people :lol:

Mom is holding her own, but she is requiring more help with bathing, dressing, etc. We need to set up some occasional respite care, as well as someone to help bathe her a couple days a week; we also will need help when I have ankle surgery in January. The senior services rep for our health care services has been a great source of information and support. Fortunately we have several good home health agencies here in town.
Last edited by BarbP on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Barb, it is really good to hear from you.

Just work for me but had to run to JCP (pick up an online order) and since I was in the mall I went into Bath & Body Works and Hallmark. I should have stayed at the office (it would have been cheaper :lol: ). I also had to have one of Chic-fil-A's seasonal shake - they are so stinkin' good - Peppermint Chocolate Chip
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Thanks, Becca. It's good to be back and scrapping! :) The mall trip and shake sound like a great way to treat yourself a little.... I drive through our neighborhood Starbucks occasionally ;)

Return to “Daily Chatter”