Tuesday is here! 9.11.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

Tuesday is here! 9.11.18

Post by Tamara »

What are you doing this fine day?

I'm kinda home all day today. Hoping to get some sewing done. I made a couple batches of peach jam last night. It was unexpected but a friend gave me 1/4 bushel so I had to make it happen. :D Our littlest grandson has a soccer game tonight and then tomorrow his family is off to Hawaii so we won't have games next week. It is a beautiful fall. We are enjoying a little cooler temps and it is easy to enjoy it. We do need some water so hoping for a wicked winter.

Happy Tuesday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Tuesday is here! 9.11.18

Post by tammyfolk »

Ok ladies....so I'm back, with a bit of normalcy in my life for the time being....I just really have been totally stressed out with Garrett and just not able to put the "bad stuff" out there.

With 2 trips to the ER, 2 panic attacks, an emotional breakdown, and suicide watch over we believe that we have Garrett where he needs to be. He has a mental health liason at school helping him cope and talking to him, and his pediatrician re-adjusted his medication. Apparently the one he gave G for his headaches may be the culprit, as it affects the mood as well. Crossing my fingers. It's heartbreaking watching your child suffer and cry and not being able to do anything for him....and to actually hear him say the words that he's ok with dying.

So we're offically moving towards better days. He had a great day today. I even let him take my car (for the first time since he got his license on Saturday) to band practice tonight. He has breathing techniques he's been practicing, and assured me he'd call if he had any issues. His band director is a great guy and is aware of the situation too....and the outpouring of friends here for G has been absolutely wonderful!! I really did raise a great kid!!

Thank you all for understanding my absence, I just wasn't myself and couldn't concentrate on anything but Garrett.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm Ok ladies....so I'm back, with a bit of normalcy in my life for the time being....I just really have been totally stressed out with Garrett and just not able to put the "bad stuff" out there.

With 2 trips to the ER, 2 panic attacks, an emotional breakdown, and suicide watch over we believe that we have Garrett where he needs to be. He has a mental health liason at school helping him cope and talking to him, and his pediatrician re-adjusted his medication. Apparently the one he gave G for his headaches may be the culprit, as it affects the mood as well. Crossing my fingers. It's heartbreaking watching your child suffer and cry and not being able to do anything for him....and to actually hear him say the words that he's ok with dying.

So we're offically moving towards better days. He had a great day today. I even let him take my car (for the first time since he got his license on Saturday) to band practice tonight. He has breathing techniques he's been practicing, and assured me he'd call if he had any issues. His band director is a great guy and is aware of the situation too....and the outpouring of friends here for G has been absolutely wonderful!! I really did raise a great kid!!

Thank you all for understanding my absence, I just wasn't myself and couldn't concentrate on anything but Garrett.
We totally understand. Family comes first and formost in everything we do. You were where you needed to be and that's what counts. Hoping there are many better days ahead and it continues to improve. Blessings to you and your sweet family!
Hugs
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

tammyfolk wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:24 pm Ok ladies....so I'm back, with a bit of normalcy in my life for the time being....I just really have been totally stressed out with Garrett and just not able to put the "bad stuff" out there.

Totally understandable. We missed you and I was worried; glad things seem to be turning around and that he did get his driver's license. Everyone has family things that come first or come up in an emergency. (((HUGS)))
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Thank you guys!!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”