RQOTD`8.4.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD`8.4.18

Post by Tamara »

Does your family have annual reunions?

It is like pulling teeth sometimes to get my siblings together. Today is a day in the park for our family because family campouts the last few years are falling apart and you would think we asked you to give up your first born to come. Of course I get stuck with most of the planning even though it is suppose to rotate. My older brother dropped the ball on this one again!!! His wife dislikes our family and never helps him anyway but since you only take a turn every ten years how hard can it be? The sure find time to go with their friends non stop. You would think they would grow up now they are in their sixties. ya no!!
Rant over
Those that come will have a great time without the party poopers.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Re: RQOTD`8.4.18

Post by Cassy »

We have them every couple of years. We used to do a family Christmas party but just like you said, someone always dropped the ball and so it was left to the planners of the family (myself and my SIL) to plan. That has just fallen to the wayside. Kinda sad.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

We don't have any planned family reunions. We just get together whenever we can.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Mike's family of 8 brothers used to have them, but the kids are grown and scattered across the whole northern hemisphere; and even our generation is more scattered since some have winter/summer homes or have moved. The last time we were all in on place was five years ago when one of the brothers died.
FruFrid
In the Kitchen

Post by FruFrid »

Not really. I love reunions and to have family around but it's hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time. My mother and my sister are both nurses so they usually work on holidays like Christmas, which makes it even harder.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

we have a yearly one for my mom's side of the family. I think it is starting to fall apart though. After my mom passes away it will probably fall apart. It used to be a lot of fun but the last few years have been kind of boring. It used to be held over Labor Day weekend at my cousin's lake home but she sold it so it was at a campground last year....a disaster with the arrangements but they are trying it again this year only it will be next weekend. We will be going onSat. only but not really excited about it because of everything else we have to do with getting our house packed up for the move.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

not really; have a pretty small family and no one gets together anymore
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:41 pm we have a yearly one for my mom's side of the family. I think it is starting to fall apart though. After my mom passes away it will probably fall apart. It used to be a lot of fun but the last few years have been kind of boring. It used to be held over Labor Day weekend at my cousin's lake home but she sold it so it was at a campground last year....a disaster with the arrangements but they are trying it again this year only it will be next weekend. We will be going onSat. only but not really excited about it because of everything else we have to do with getting our house packed up for the move.
When my parents passed away, that's exactly what happened to my family. I have four brothers and a sister, and only have great contact with 2 of my brothers, so/so (when he needs something) contact with another. And then I haven't heard from one in years, and I refuse to talk to my sister. She has done some unforgivable things and I just can't, plus Shawn doesn't want the drama in our lives. I'm usually the "go to" family member, and I usually have family come to me....I like it that way
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”