June 2020 - Chef of the Month - Cassy Suszek

Each Month we recognize an Outstanding Member in the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Community. Will you be next?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

June 2020 - Chef of the Month - Cassy Suszek

Post by tammyfolk »

Cookin' Up Creations is pleased to announce that our "Chef of the Month" for June 2020 is our very own. . .Cassy Suszek

Cassy is an Outstanding Member of the Cookin' up Creations community, and for that I wanted to put the SPOTLIGHT on her this month!

Cassy has been quite active within our small community here pretty much since day one, and has shared numerous creations with us in the gallery, participated in several swaps, contests and challenges, and has even been on the Challenge Team way back in the day! :mrgreen: . . .

If you haven't had the opportunity to check out her work, I highly suggest you do so!! She even has a current listing on eBay that is absolutely stunning!! Again, check it out!

Please help me Congratulate Cassy as our Chef of the Month for June 2020!

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?
I love scrapbooking because I can be creative on so many levels. I can paint, foil, ink, stamp, watercolor, etc. The possibilities are endless. Scrapbooking wraps many crafts into one.

How did you get started?
I got started scrapbooking when I was 21 (28 years ago.) I watched a PBS episode about scrapbooking and knew that it would be a great gift for my mother in law. The family was growing, and I wanted to document every part of it.

Any advice for the new scrappers out there?
Do not judge or criticize yourself or other's level of creativity. Everyone has a different style. Embrace your's. Be proud! Always share and support others around you.

Describe your style, your scrapping place, and your favorite products.
I do a combination of 12 x 12 and pocket style scrapbooking. I love the mixed media style but I am willing to try anything. I love to layer and so my favorite products have to include papers (of course), watercolors, texture paste, and distress oxides/inks. My scrapbooking space is also my journaling space, office space, and notebook space. Things are definitely organized by craft but things have a tendency to be a bit chaotic during a crop!

What and/or Who inspires you? Do you find that it changes? Where do you get your inspiration from?
I find inspiration everywhere - Vicki Boutin, Adele Toomey, Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp, Johanna Clough, Layle by Mail, and the lovely ladies here. I enjoy finding inspiration on Instagram, from journals, ads in magazines, Pinterest, YouTube, and the list grows. I see it, I create it!

What types of challenges do you find "challenge" you the most?
The types of challenges that are most difficult for me are those that require only cardstock as I seldom use cardstock and those that ask me to keep it simple. I am not a simple scrapbooker.

What do you do for a living?
I am a middle school teacher. I currently teach 6th grade math, but have been know to teach a bit of English and reading! I tutor students on the side, have my own journal business, and love to just create in general for others.

Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day would be a lovely day at Universal Studios. The temperature would be around 75, and the snacks would be flowing. I would be spending time with my family, and taking pictures to scrap later!

What's your favorite indulgence? Snack?
I love me some Coke! Snacks would include oyster crackers, chips, Pringles, sugar snap peas, and maybe even a lemon cookie or two. I love salty snacks.

What's one thing you would like to learn that is NOT scrapbook related?
I would love to learn how to be a professional organizer, or even to do some woodworking.

What's your favorite layout and why:
This is very difficult. I would say that this changes every day. I love this layout from 2019 - The reason that it is my favorite? The paper is some of my favorite and the subject is beautiful!!

Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: June 2020 - Chef of the Month - Cassy Suszek

Post by Lolis »

Congratulations, Cassy! This is a beautiful page indeed!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Thank you!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Congrats to you, Cassie. I look forward to seeing more of your creations
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Congratulations Cassy! Love getting to learn more about you!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Congratulations Cassy! I love everything you create!! You are Amazing!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy »

Thank you everyone for the kind words!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Congratulations Cassy!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Congrats, Cassy! Love your work!!!! It's fun to learn more about you.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

congrats on Chef of the Month

Return to “Chef of the Month”