Chef of the Month - October 2018 / Tamara

Each Month we recognize an Outstanding Member in the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Community. Will you be next?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Chef of the Month - October 2018 / Tamara

Post by tammyfolk »

Cookin' Up Creations is pleased to announce that our "Chef of the Month" for October 2018 is our very own. . .

Tamara Reed (Tamara)

She is an Outstanding Member of the Cookin' up Creations community, and for that I wanted to thank her!! Tamara has been quite active within our small community here pretty much since day one, and has shared numerous creations with us in the gallery, participated in several contests and challenges, and has even been on the Challenge Team way back in the day! :mrgreen: She's here daily, and helps me tremendously as we strive to grow.....so please help me Congratulate Tamara as our Chef of the Month for October 2018!

Short Bio:
I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm the fifth child of ten children - eight girls and two boys. I worked in the Dental field for forty years. I love being retired!

In 2014 I was diagnosed with Severe Pulmonary Hypertension. I am currently on oxygen 24/7. It has its challenges but doesn't stop me from doing what I want. lol

I met my husband Tom on a blind date. My aunt was his neighbor and gave him my number. On our first date we went to the brand new movie out at the Capitol Theatre. It just happened to be Star Wars. We were engaged in five weeks and married in less than 3 ½ months. We have now been married for 40 years. We have two children, a daughter and a son. We have four grandchildren and another on the way due February 6th. We are fortunate to have them live close by. They keep us busy with their activities and such.

I love Scrapbooking of every form and am lucky enough to attend scrapbook retreats regularly.

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?

Seeing memories come to life on each page. Being able to look back on things that happened that we may have forgotten and enjoying them once again.

Do you have a scrapbooking style? If so, describe it for us.

Over the years I feel like I have become a Shabby Chic scrapper. I like to Ink a lot of the edges on my projects to give it character.

What are some of your current favorite products to use?

I'm falling in love with emphemera packs. They add so much artistic flair to the pages.

What are some of the things that inspire you?

Of course my grandkids give me ideas to scrap their Silly Ways. I'm also inspired by the work of the owner of our local scrapbook store. She comes up with so many amazing things.

Tell us about your scrapbooking space:

I am fortunate enough to have a scrapbook room 12 ft by 15 ft lots of drawers and two big closets and a big island in the middle. It is a constant work of art to keep it clean. One day it's going to be so functional LOL

What do you do for a living?

I worked in the dental industry for 40 years. Now I am retired and enjoying every minute being home.

What would be YOUR perfect day?

Taking the kids and grandkids to Disneyland. I love to see the magic happen and the sparkle in their eyes.

What is your favorite indulgence?

Sadly, I love chocolate but shouldn't be eating sugar. I just had an A1C test and it was the same as 3 months ago. I told my doctor at least I am a consistent cheater!! Haha

What's one thing you'd like to learn that's NOT scrapbook related?

I'm not sure if this counts but I would love to learn how to do fancy writing.

What's your current ringtone?

I'm pretty boring when it comes to music stuff. It's just one of the ones that is available on my phone.

Favorite song?

I still love Butterfly Kisses

Current favorite movie?

I guess I'd have to say The Greatest Showman because I don't see very many movies and that's the one that sticks right now

Do you have a Favorite Layout? If so, please share it with us and why.

This is my favorite layout because it is of my first two grandkids. I just think it is so precious and I love the way it all turned out.

Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Chef of the Month - October 2018 / Tamara

Post by Patti »

Congrats, Tamara! Thanks for all you do keeping the site active and encouraging us!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Patti wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:18 pm Congrats, Tamara! Thanks for all you do keeping the site active and encouraging us!
Thanks Patti! Loving seeing your pages again. You have always inspired me with your scrapbooking eye.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Congratulations Tamara!!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Congrats, Tamara; I like to see your posts (whether they be "chatty" ones or scrappy ones). Thanks for sharing information about yourself - it is fun to find out!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

tammyfolk wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:47 pm Congratulations Tamara!!
Thanks Tammy! Thanks for all your work with Shawn and Jackie keeping this site going. We appreciate all that you do!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm Congrats, Tamara; I like to see your posts (whether they be "chatty" ones or scrappy ones). Thanks for sharing information about yourself - it is fun to find out!
Thanks Becca! It was great to get to know you too! :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Petra Mutchler
Sous Chef

Post by Petra Mutchler »

CONGRATS Tamara
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Petra Mutchler wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 am CONGRATS Tamara
Thanks Petra! Good to see you again!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

sdwhru wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm Congrats, Tamara; I like to see your posts (whether they be "chatty" ones or scrappy ones). Thanks for sharing information about yourself - it is fun to find out!
Thanks Becca! It is good to get to know folks. Feels more like IRL rather than through the screen so to speak. :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Chef of the Month”