March 2020 Chef of the Month - Terri Bradbury

Each Month we recognize an Outstanding Member in the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Community. Will you be next?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

March 2020 Chef of the Month - Terri Bradbury

Post by tammyfolk »

Cookin' up Creations is happy to announce the March 2020 Chef of the Month is Terri Bradbury!

Terri is still a fairly new member here on the forum, but since her registration, she has proven to be an extremely "jump right in" type of gal! She has some amazing talent and joined in on the challenges right away! She's just an all around Outstanding Member here at Cookin' up Creations, and for that we'd like to thank her!! .....so please help me Congratulate Terri as our Chef of the Month for March 2020! Congratulations Terri!

Bio:
I’m Terri & live in St. Petersburg, Florida. In June my guy & I will celebrate our 46th anniversary. We have one beautiful daughter who gave us 2 pretty amazing grandkids. Tyler is 25 & serves our country in the United States Coast Guard. Jilli is 13 & is a 7th grade National Honor Society student. Our faith is very important to us & we are still very active members in the same church we were married in almost 46 years ago.

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking? I love preserving memories & being able to do so with creativity. I’d like to say it’s cheaper than therapy, but we all know that’s not true! LOL! Remembering & reliving the memories is my absolute favorite part!

How did you get started?
I got started after 9/11. We had just been to NYC 2 months previous & my grandson Tyler was just obsessed with the Twin Towers. No matter where we were in the city, he would find the Towers & let all 27 of us know exactly where they were in comparison to where we were. He spent his own money to buy a few Tower souvenirs & still has them to this day. When the tragic events of 9/11 occurred, I knew I had to find a way to preserve those memories that were still so fresh in my mind. I researched scrapbooking & as they say, the rest is history. Those first scrapbook layouts of our NYC trip are still some of Tyler’s very favorite & he cherishes them. That is I why I scrap.

Any advice for the new scrappers out there?
Just have fun remembering the story of your photos. Don’t get so wrapped up in all the pretty things & the fun gadgets. Concentrate on telling your story of why the photos you scrap are so important to you. And don’t forget to scrap about you! That’s one of my biggest struggles & I’m trying to get better.

Describe your style, your scrapping place, and your favorite products.
I have no clue what my style is. I’m all over the place. My scrapping space is a little office that is a part of our guest room. It’s cramped with way too many supplies, but I’m ok with it. It’s my little haven of creativity & I love it! My favorite products are ephemera packets. I have a huge drawer filled with Iris containers holding all my different ephemera. At last count there were 50 5x7 containers of different collections of those goodies. It’s a bit of a problem. LOL!

What and/or Who inspires you? Do you find that it changes? Where do you get your inspiration from?
My photos inspire me. The memories they stir. The smile or tears they bring. They are the story of our lives. I will never be able to scrap all the photos I have taken & will continue to take, but when I’m gone, those left behind won’t ever be able to doubt who & what was important to me just by looking at all my photos & layouts.

What types of challenges do you find "challenge" you the most?
Oh, good question. I wish I had a good answer. I guess the ones that challenge me the most are the ones that require using something I don’t have or that I don’t like to use.

What do you do for a living?
I am a retired pharmacy tech.

Describe your perfect day.
My perfect day is spent kayaking on the Rainbow River.

What's your favorite indulgence? Snack?
Dove chocolates & potato chips. Not necessarily together, but we won’t rule that option out! LOL!

What's one thing you would like to learn that is NOT scrapbook related?

I would love to learn how to ballroom dance! When I was young, I wanted to be a dancer. And a lawyer. A dancing lawyer would have been fun! LOL!

What's your favorite layout and why:
This is my favorite layout. Not because it’s anything spectacular, but because of the photo. My Mom just passed away in December & I found this photo while going through her photos. It’s hard to tell, but it’s my 1st Christmas when I was 10 months old. See what I’m doing with my arms? I still do that today when I am happy or excited. It’s been a joke in our family for as long as I can remember. My parents would always tell me I started doing it as an infant & this photo proves it. It’s me. I’ve been doing that for 65 years & now I have the photo & layout to document it.

Thank you so very much for welcoming me into your scrapping world! I love it here & am having so much fun creating layouts using your weekly challenges! Ya’ll are the BEST!! Thank you again.

*stay tuned for a BONUS Challenge posted by our Chef of the Month in March!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: March 2020 Chef of the Month - Terri Bradbury

Post by Jan Mosier »

Huge congrats, Terri!

I still remember sitting in a townhouse apartment in Blountville, TN glued to the tv and watching the 2nd plane fly into the towers. That image is burned in my brain.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Congrats, Terri! Loved learning more about you.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Wow Terri You are Amazing and what a treasure to your family. I loved learning about you. What a life of fascination. Thanks for finding us. We are happy you are here and love looking at your layouts.
Congrats!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Congrats Terri! It's great getting to know you better! So glad you found us! I love seeing your work!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Congratulations Terri
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

Congratulations Terri -- I love your favorite layout!
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

congrats Terri
SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
Petra Mutchler
Sous Chef

Post by Petra Mutchler »

Congrats Terri
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Congrats, Terri, I like learning more about you. The photo on your favorite LO - so neat!

Return to “Chef of the Month”