December 2018 - Chef of the Month / Terri

Each Month we recognize an Outstanding Member in the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Community. Will you be next?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

December 2018 - Chef of the Month / Terri

Post by tammyfolk »

Cookin' Up Creations is pleased to announce that our "Chef of the Month" for December 2018 is our very own. . .

Terri Baker!

Terri has been with us off and on over the years, and is currently our only "digital scrapper"! She has some amazing talent and I thought I'd bring her and her talent into the fore front this month! .....so please help me Congratulate Terri as our Chef of the Month for December 2018! Congratulations Terri!

Short Bio:
My name is Terri. I'm Meterr online (Me-Terr, get it?) I'm in my late 40s and married to Jody. We have been together since 1989. We live in Michigan and have 3 kids. Brit is 28, Andre is 27 and Elijah is 14. Only Lie is still living at home. He has autism and anxiety but does well in school and is a very interesting boy! I have 5 grandchildren ages one to seven years old. I love everything old! I feel I was born in the wrong time.

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?
I love the creativity aspect as well as documenting an event or just showcasing a great photo. It can be a stress reliever for me as well.

Do you have a scrapbooking style? If so, describe it for us.
I have many styles! I love the bright, cluttered look with paint splats, and glitter but do sweet, simple layouts with a few elements and a frame. I love using heritage photos and think they really pop when I use them with a bright, modern kit. I do notice I am more prone to do one photo layouts rather than several photos. I'm trying to do more multiple photo layouts to tell a story now.

What are some of your current favorite products to use?
As you might have seen, I am a digi scrapper at this time. I gave my mom all my supplies in one of my cleaning moods ( I'm a little OCD) but Id love to get back into paper! Both digi kits and paper scrapping have some of the same things (paper, elements) and my faves are vintage ephemera, frames, glitter, stitching, paint, unique pattern papers (gaudy designs, wood patterns, gesso smeared) and word arts or clusters. If a kit has one item that catches my eye, ill but It!!

What are some of the things that inspire you?
A beautiful photo inspires me, an event we went to that fits a themed kit ( a hockey game or a zoo) inspires me, a kit that makes me say "wow" when I see it inspires me!

Tell us about your scrapbooking space:
As a digi scrapper, my "space" is my laptop! I use an old program called Paint Shop Pro 9. I buy my kits, elements and other digi items online and load them into folders that go with a particular community. Most allow only their own kits to be used in their galleries. I put the kits on disc too, in case of a computer crash. My laptop sits on my craft desk. It has a roll out surface below the regular desktop so I can craft and use the computer. I do lots of home crafts, paper crafting etc.

What do you do for a living?
Right now I'm a stay at home mom to Elijah. I do not drive ( some kind of visual/inner ear thing that makes it hard for me to drive and I have IBS that causes me to be in bed sometimes) so my husband is the breadwinner and I keep house and make sure things run smoothly for Elijah's sake. Maybe when he gets older I can have a quiet little job somewhere like a library or antique shop!

What would be YOUR perfect day?
Shopping for some clothing, antiques or junk shops, a walk in nature so I can take photos, lunch with my immediate family, see my mom and brothers, visit the family graves ( I'm a genealogist and gravestone hunter!) new car and house shopping because I win the lottery ( hey, you said perfect day! A girl can dream!!) dinner with all my extended family I have found in the past 10 years and exchanging old family photos, Then a nighttime walk and snuggling down for a long sleep!

What is your favorite indulgence?
An ice cold vanilla coke, New soft socks, a bag of fancy chocolates, buying several scrapbooking kits, a new body wash that smells great, finding a movie or show that interests me and snuggling down to watch it.

What's one thing you'd like to learn that's NOT scrapbook related?
I would love to learn to knit! I'd love to make little things for my grandkids and boot toppers for me!

What's your current ringtone? Favorite song? Current favorite movie?
My ringtones vary for each person in my life. I use an app called Old Telephone Ringtones. It has the old 1920s ring all the way up to the 90s office phone rings! It's really cool.

Fave song: Hmmm, I love music from the 20s till now. Ragtime piano, Swing, Rock, 90s Hairbands! I I don't have a fave really. Depends on my mood what I listen to.

Fave movie: I love movies from silents to modern movies. I love historical movies, war, family sagas, scary. I don't really like many modern movies, but there are a few that interest me. First Man looks interesting as does Bohemian Rhapsody and the newest Halloween movie.

Do you have a Favorite Layout? If so, please share it with us and why.
This one is a recent one I like! It's my grandfather (greatgramof5`s father) when he played football for his Army team. I love doing heritage layouts the best!

Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: December 2018 - Chef of the Month / Terri

Post by Tamara »

Congratulations Terri!! What a cool layout! We are glad you are here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Post by Greatgramof5 »

:mrgreen: CONGRATS! Your Bio was interesting and I actually learned some things I didn't know (I'm Terri's mom!)
Great job on Dad's LO...I love it! If I was more patient I would do alittle digi with you but I get so angry at doing layers that I completely lose my mind. :lol:
8-) Karen
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Hi Terri! Thank you for sharing about yourself and your family. We're happy that you have joined us and look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work :D
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Congrats, Terri! Loved learning more about you. Please keep sharing more of your talent with us!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Congrats, Terri - really liked the LO you choose and the "interesting facts/things" about yourself that you shared

Return to “Chef of the Month”