Pinterest Challenge 11/08; Something's sketchy!

Join us all month long in November as we post challenges based on the Inspiration we find on Pinterest!
BarbP
Station Chef

Pinterest Challenge 11/08; Something's sketchy!

Post by BarbP » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:57 am

Join us all month long in November as we post challenges based on the Inspiration we find on Pinterest !! Everyone is welcome to play along!!

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Wednesday and Saturday, and participants have until December 3 to complete and post their creations. Each completed challenge earns you an entry into the monthly prize drawing. The more you play, the more chances you have to win!

The prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to the online store of the winner's choice.

It's no secret that I love scrapbook sketches, or that Susan Stringfellow is one of my all-time favorite sketch artists. For this challenge, I visited on Pinterest. her "SketchSavvy Sketches" board on Pinterest. I chose this sketch and flipped it horizontally: Image

Because I was making a Halloween layout and the boys' costumes were a bit ... well, creepy... I added a big motif in the upper corner to set the mood. I also did some stamping on mybackground. This is my finished layout:

For this challenge, please find a sketch that you like on Pinterest; then make at least ONE change (flip the sketch, add an extra element, alter your background, add or delete a photo, etc) Post your completed project and the sketch your chose (or a link to it) by December 3.

Can't wait to see what you create!
BARB PRENDERGAST

Lolis
Prep Cook

Re: Pinterest Challenge 11/08; Something's sketchy!

Post by Lolis » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:21 am

Barb, I love your interpretation of the sketch! you are a true scrapbooking artist!

BarbP
Station Chef

Post by BarbP » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 am

Lolis wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:21 am
Barb, I love your interpretation of the sketch! you are a true scrapbooking artist!
Aw, thanks Lolis!
BARB PRENDERGAST

Jan Mosier
Sous Chef

Post by Jan Mosier » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Great challenge Barb! Love, love, love your layout!

BarbP
Station Chef

Post by BarbP » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Jan Mosier wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 pm
Great challenge Barb! Love, love, love your layout!
Thanks, Jan. :D
BARB PRENDERGAST

SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:04 am

lol I swore I posted this yesterday when I posted my other layout!
So I am not the best at following directions, I thought we were suppose to use that sketch, which I love, so hope it still counts. I changed it up by different photo sizes and photos tilted, title moved and eliminated two of the tags.

BarbP
Station Chef

Post by BarbP » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 am

SusieQ wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:04 am
lol I swore I posted this yesterday when I posted my other layout!
So I am not the best at following directions, I thought we were suppose to use that sketch, which I love, so hope it still counts. I changed it up by different photo sizes and photos tilted, title moved and eliminated two of the tags.

You can use any sketch on Pinterest, including this one. I love your layout and the way you changed it up. Thanks for playing along!
BARB PRENDERGAST