Pick a Muppet 7-19-17

Challenges will be based on the classic children's television show, SESAME STREET! We will be offering challenges all month long based on colors, numbers, friendship and more. Everyone is welcome to play along!!
Patti
Station Chef

Pick a Muppet 7-19-17

Post by Patti » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:00 am

Join us all month long in July as we celebrate that classic children's television show, SESAME STREET! We will be offering challenges all month long based on colors, numbers, friendship and more. Everyone is welcome to play along!!

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Wednesday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $10 Gift Certificate to their online store of choice.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE!!!!!
Check out the website below and pick out a favorite muppet and do a LO that reflects them. Could be something they say, something they wear, a personality trait, or a color. Step onto Sesame Street with all of your favorite characters and let your imagination flow.

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/press-kit ... t-bios.php

Here's my LO....can you guess who inspired it?
Patti

SusieQ
Sous Chef

Re: Pick a Muppet 7-19-17

Post by SusieQ » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Great challenge, cute lo

Cassy
Prep Cook

Post by Cassy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:19 pm

So I took inspiration from a little lesser known character - Prairie Dawn. Obviously I haven't watched Sesame Street in a while but my great nieces were over and watched a few from Netflix. Prairie Dawn was such an unusual character. I'm not sure why she stuck out to me but I took inspiration from her florals and muted colors in the following layout.

Patti
Station Chef

Post by Patti » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Very Cute, Cassy! Prairie Dawn is a new one for me, too! so many new ones have been added since my kids watched.
Patti

BarbP
Station Chef

Post by BarbP » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 pm

My Muppet of choice was Grover. Like Grover. both my grandson and Lenny the cat are friendly and likeable. When I was a teenager, I babysat for a family of kids who always wanted me to read the story book "Grover's New Kitten". The relationship between Cameron and Lenny reminded me of Grover's care and affection for the kitten in the book.

BARB PRENDERGAST

Patti
Station Chef

Post by Patti » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:50 pm

Great LO, Barb!
Patti

tammyfolk
Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Members completing this challenge are:

1 - Patti
2 - Cassy
3 - Barb
Tammy Folk

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?