January 24, 2024: Falling for you

Join us all month long as we take time to appreciate the Four Seasons of the Year.
phillisw
Challenge Team

January 24, 2024: Falling for you

Post by phillisw »

"We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts." ~ William Hazlett

Most people focus on the beauty of nature. However, Mother Nature touches us much more deeply. Nature isn’t about how it looks. Instead, nature is about how it makes us feel and how it touches us deep in our hearts.

Join us all month long as we post challenges based on the the Glorious Beauty of Mother Nature and her Four Seasons.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

What do you think of when you think of Fall?
I think of all the beautiful colored leaves on my trees. Then I think of them all on the yard. Then I think I know I will need to rake them up soon.
As a kid I loved raking them into piles and then jumping in them. We sometimes filled old clothes with them to make "dummies" for Halloween. We raked them into paths so that we had a "house" to walk through. Ah such good memories I have from my childhood.
Then with my own children I played in the leaves and raked leaves in the same yard.

My challenge for you is to create a page that shows someone enjoying an activity outside during Fall. Please show the "leaves" falling by using ink splatters and banners. Also include some ribbon.

For my page about Fall I used a photo of my son getting ready to ride his new motorbike when he was a youngster. His birthday in near the end of October. This was his birthday present.

Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: January 24, 2024: Falling for you

Post by Tamara »

That's awesome! Fun challenge! Love your page!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful Fall challenge and example, Phillis! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Phillis, love your example! Great challenge!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Just ran into this picture today. Me and my husband are in the upper left sitting with the orange backpack. This was the first year we were married. Don't laugh too hard! :lol: :lol: :lol: We met in September and his Birthday is in November. I gave him the Back pack for his Birthday. We were married in January and I gave him double sleeping bags that zipped together! :mrgreen:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Phillis, love your fall layout! Awesome job!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tamara wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:51 pm Just ran into this picture today. Me and my husband are in the upper left sitting with the orange backpack. This was the first year we were married. Don't laugh too hard! :lol: :lol: :lol: We met in September and his Birthday is in November. I gave him the Back pack for his Birthday. We were married in January and I gave him double sleeping bags that zipped together! :mrgreen:

Fantastic fall layout! Love the old photo!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine using Fall Photos + Outdoor Activity + Splatters + Banners + Ribbon. :)

Photos of sweet grandkids Kellan, Marcus, and Lucy at Kings Island during their Octoberfest 2023. :)
Enjoy the Ride
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tamara wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:51 pm Just ran into this picture today. Me and my husband are in the upper left sitting with the orange backpack. This was the first year we were married. Don't laugh too hard! :lol: :lol: :lol: We met in September and his Birthday is in November. I gave him the Back pack for his Birthday. We were married in January and I gave him double sleeping bags that zipped together! :mrgreen:

Love it, Tamara. I won't laugh :lol:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

oooops! I forgot to put the ribbon on!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “January 2024 - the Four Seasons”