Jan 17 - Summer

Join us all month long as we take time to appreciate the Four Seasons of the Year.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Jan 17 - Summer

Post by Tracy F »

We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts." ~ William Hazlett

Most people focus on the beauty of nature. However, Mother Nature touches us much more deeply. Nature isn’t about how it looks. Instead, nature is about how it makes us feel and how it touches us deep in our hearts. .

Join us all month long as we post challenges based on the the Glorious Beauty of Mother Nature and her Four Seasons.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

I know it’s not summer right now where most of you live but let’s pretend it is. When I think of summer, I think of the beach. The last few years we’ve gone to the Jersey shore with the kids. We’re a block from the ocean but they prefer the Water Park for some reason.

Your Summer challenge today is to use a lot of blue to represent the ocean, at least 3 different size photos and some washi tape.

Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Jan 17 - Summer

Post by Lolis »

Great challenge Tracy! Love your page and the little sandals!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Prep Cook

Post by lilkoala3 »

Used 5 different sized photos, washi, and teal blue!
Attachments
20240117_144848.jpg
20240117_144848.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 312 times
Leslie

ImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

lilkoala3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:29 pm Used 5 different sized photos, washi, and teal blue!
This is just so cute! Love all the different sized photos!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

lilkoala3 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:29 pm Used 5 different sized photos, washi, and teal blue!
Awesome job, Leslie!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tracy: ah beautiful page and fun challenge.
Leslie: beautiful page
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine using Summer Photos + Lots of Blue + 3 Different Sized Photos + Washi Tape. :)

Photos of daughter Michelle and her family at Siesta Key, FL. (June 2023) :)
Catching Waves
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Pretty sure that my brother has never seen these photos. They have just been on my computer for years. Kenadee is loving all the layouts and learning more about her mom. Last week I sent her a photo of a locket that her dad put a picture of her with her mom and Kade with his mom in the casket. She had no idea and was thrilled to see it. It brought me to tears just thinking about Carrie and honoring her wishes for me to keep her memory alive in Kenadee. She is 15 now.

Look guys! My new flowers came today. These were perfect, not to bright, but a little less subtle. I used Nuvo pearl glaze on the flowers. The background paper is blue but looks a little purple after adding all the things. Purple was Carries favorite color.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Deanna13 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:10 pm Here's mine using Summer Photos + Lots of Blue + 3 Different Sized Photos + Washi Tape. :)

Photos of daughter Michelle and her family at Siesta Key, FL. (June 2023) :)
Catching Waves
Beautiful summer page Deanna! Love it!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tamara wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:10 pm Pretty sure that my brother has never seen these photos. They have just been on my computer for years. Kenadee is loving all the layouts and learning more about her mom. Last week I sent her a photo of a locket that her dad put a picture of her with her mom and Kade with his mom in the casket. She had no idea and was thrilled to see it. It brought me to tears just thinking about Carrie and honoring her wishes for me to keep her memory alive in Kenadee. She is 15 now.

Look guys! My new flowers came today. These were perfect, not to bright, but a little less subtle. I used Nuvo pearl glaze on the flowers. The background paper is blue but looks a little purple after adding all the things. Purple was Carries favorite color.

Beautiful page! Nice to see you keeping her memory alive. Very touching!

Return to “January 2024 - the Four Seasons”