Saturday 30th Fashion Week-Gingham

Join us all month long as we post challenges based on the exclusive and often trend-setting designs that we call Fashion.
Mauds papercraft
Station Chef

Saturday 30th Fashion Week-Gingham

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Whether it's Fashion Week in New York or your local malls charity fundraiser . . .
Haute Couture is where it's at

Join us all month long as we post challenges based on the exclusive and often trend-setting designs that we call Fashion.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their Favorite online store (random drawing).....

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE:

The last challenge for 2023. Today, for fashion week/ month we are going to be looking at the age-old gingham pattern. I still have two table cloths(a red and a green gingham), made around 55years ago and still fashionable today

Gingham is a fabric made from dyed cotton yarn .

The name is Malay in origin, coming into the English language via Dutch. When originally imported (in the 17th century), it was a striped fabric, but from the mid-18th century, when it was being produced in the mills of Manchester, it had become woven into checked plaid patterns (often blue and white).
Gingham is made of carded or combed, medium or fine yarns, where the colouring is on the warp yarns and always along the grain. Gingham has no right or wrong side regarding colour.
You still see it in the runways of Paris today.

My challenge is to create a layout in a Grid Style to represent the runways of a fashion show. Use Gingham pattern paper somewhere on your layout and either used a bunch of flowers or a camera as there is always lots of photos taken and the designers in the end usually get a bouquet of flowers.

I hope you like my example:

Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday 30th Fashion Week-Gingham

Post by Deanna13 »

Wonderful example and challenge, Maureen! :)
Last edited by Deanna13 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great challenge and cute page!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Maureen your layout is adorable! Love the challenge!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Great challenge! Your page is very pretty!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Great challenge to end the month with! Super cute layout Maureen - lovin' the gingham paper!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine, Maureen. I had a difficult time finding gingham in my stash, then I ran across this sheet of 49 & Market paper and it was gingham on the backside. I really like how this turned out so thanks so much for the challenge! :)

Photo of daughter Michelle and some of the grandkids at Cozumel on our MSC Cruise, June 2023. :)
You Bring the Sunshine
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Deanna13 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:56 pm Here's mine, Maureen. I had a difficult time finding gingham in my stash, then I ran across this sheet of 49 & Market paper and it was gingham on the backside. I really like how this turned out so thanks so much for the challenge! :)

Photo of daughter Michelle and some of the grandkids at Cozumel on our MSC Cruise, June 2023. :)
You Bring the Sunshine
Beautiful! Love the yellow with the black
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mauds papercraft
Station Chef

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Deanna13 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:56 pm Here's mine, Maureen. I had a difficult time finding gingham in my stash, then I ran across this sheet of 49 & Market paper and it was gingham on the backside. I really like how this turned out so thanks so much for the challenge! :)

You Bring the Sunshine
Love it Deanna. The black gingham is perfect very in in the 60's and paired with the yellow, it's beautiful
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Thanks so much, ladies! :) :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “December 2023 - It's Fashion Week! (Month)”