10-14-23 “Firsts”

Join us all month long as we take a trip to the Museum – we’ll visit the many exhibitions on display while preserving, collecting, interpreting and displaying objects of artistic, cultural, and scientific significance!
Lolis
Challenge Team

10-14-23 “Firsts”

Post by Lolis »

October 2023 - Night at the Museum
Join us all month long as we take a trip to the Museum – we’ll visit the many exhibitions on display while preserving, collecting, interpreting and displaying objects of artistic, cultural, and scientific significance!.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Just like we, as scrapbookers, capture and preserve special moments, museums do the same thing with historical “firsts” ! They carefully collect and display artifacts that hold significant importance in our shared history. It’s like creating a scrapbook of the world’s firsts!

The challenge: Create a page documenting a “first”, for example first grandchild, first steps, first time visiting a new restaurant. Also add an artifact to your layout.

For my example I created a page for my adorable grand-nice’s scrapbook documenting the first time she fed herself using a spoon. The artifact I included is a camera.

I haven’t added the journaling to the page, but I will include how the grandpa is all proud that Baby Emma used her left hand to hold the spoon because it means that it’s a trait she inherited from him! I will also document how her grand uncle Jorge is already visualizing the trophies his softball team, because he is the coach, will be winning with his special weapon, South Paw Emma! :lol:

Of course, I sure hope that her softball schedule will not interfere with her scrapbooking and crafting time with Tia Lolis! ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: 10-14-23 “Firsts”

Post by Tracy F »

Adorable page and great challenge!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

beautiful page, Lolis!!
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Prep Cook

Post by lilkoala3 »

Lolis, can I get clarification on what you mean by "artifact?" With 2 toddler daughters, have tons of "firsts" to scrapbook, so this one will be easy for me!
Leslie

ImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

lilkoala3 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:37 pm Lolis, can I get clarification on what you mean by "artifact?" With 2 toddler daughters, have tons of "firsts" to scrapbook, so this one will be easy for me!
Thank you for the question! An artifact can be any object made by humans such as a pen, a tool, a dish, protective gear, vehicle, etc. We are very flexible around here, it can also be whatever your interpretation of the challenge is. Our goal is to provide inspiration to complete more pages and to have fun, of course! I can’t wait to see what you create. Your pages are amazing!
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

ImageImageImageImage
lilkoala3
Prep Cook

Post by lilkoala3 »

First trip to the koi pond at the museum near us. Used a camera as my artifact.
Attachments
20231016_113930.jpg
20231016_113930.jpg (2.48 MiB) Viewed 714 times
Leslie

ImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Ural wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:26 pm Image
Beautiful! Thank you for playing along!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

ural and Leslie: great job, ladies :D
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Scrapbooking with my daughter and granddaughter for her first time. She is probably 5 or 6 months old here (currently 18) Her artifact is the beaded bracelet. Her mom always had little bracelets on her. And just last week when my room flooded I didn't know why I was still holding on to all these beads. :mrgreen: I love that tiny thing!!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “October 2023 - Night at the Museum”