Monday Aug 21 Your Favorite Ice Cream

Whether you like it in a cone, a bowl, in a sandwich, or straight from the tub - Join us as we celebrate the sweetest tasting frozen dessert ever . . . ICE CREAM.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Monday Aug 21 Your Favorite Ice Cream

Post by Tamara »

I had to post this early since I have to wake up at 4:30 AM to get to the hospital by 6:15 AM At least I'm the first surgery of the day, right?

hether you like it in a cone, a bowl, in a sandwich, or straight from the tub - Join us as we celebrate the sweetest tasting frozen dessert ever . . . ICE CREAM.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday (sketch), Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations in the Cookin' up Creations Gallery.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing)

Todays challenge along with using this sketch is to choose YOUR favorite ice cream. After choosing your flavor use it for your inspiration. Start with the color of your ice cream choice as your base. Add embellishments as needed and be creative.
The sketch was found on the internet by Amy Alvis
My favorite ice cream choice is Burnt Almond Fudge. I used brown for my color and added buttons for the almonds
Everyones will be different so it will be fun to see what you come up with!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Monday Aug 21 Your Favorite Ice Cream

Post by Deanna13 »

Hope it all goes well with your surgery, Tamara!! Great sketch and example! :)
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love your page, Tamara!! I'm praying for you that your surgery went well
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I got 2 done for this. Here's the first. I used my favorite chocolate chip ice cream for a challenge last week. But, also a favorite is Caramel Praline. YUM! :) I used French Vanilla Cardstock for the background and also a bit of chocolate trim for chocolate chip. Also added gold and tan enamel dots for the praline. :)

Photos of DH and I at Ocean El Faro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. (February 2023) :)
Explore
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's the second. This time I flipped the sketch to fit my photos. I had the sketch up, but I somehow printed vertical 4x6's so just made it work. Again working with Caramel Praline I used a French Vanilla Cardstock for the Background. Also added the gold and tan enamel dots for the praline. :)

Photos of DH and I and our Hibachi dinner at The Serenade, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. (May 2022) :)
Food Adventures
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Deanna13 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:26 am I got 2 done for this. Here's the first. I used my favorite chocolate chip ice cream for a challenge last week. But, also a favorite is Caramel Praline. YUM! :) I used French Vanilla Cardstock for the background and also a bit of chocolate trim for chocolate chip. Also added gold and tan enamel dots for the praline. :)

Photos of DH and I at Ocean El Faro, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. (February 2023) :)
Explore
Love your ice cream choice! Great take on the sketch and your ice cream!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Deanna13 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:29 am Here's the second. This time I flipped the sketch to fit my photos. I had the sketch up, but I somehow printed vertical 4x6's so just made it work. Again working with Caramel Praline I used a French Vanilla Cardstock for the Background. Also added the gold and tan enamel dots for the praline. :)

Photos of DH and I and our Hibachi dinner at The Serenade, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. (May 2022) :)
Food Adventures
Love two pagers and the flipped sketch! Great work!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Love your pages, Deanna!! You are scrapping a lot lately. I'm enjoying your creations
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Thanks so much, Tamara!! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

phillisw wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:55 pm Love your pages, Deanna!! You are scrapping a lot lately. I'm enjoying your creations
Thank you, Phillis! Yes, this has been a good month for scrapping. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “August 2023 - I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream . . . for Ice Cream”