Re: iNSD Challenge #3 - May 20th, 2023 - Tag Challenge

Each year on the first Saturday in May - National Scrapbooking Day is observed. Come join us all as we celebrate the occasion!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Our third challenge comes from our 2018 vault. In 2018 a tag kit was sent to you and the story concerning it is below. This year no tag kits were sent so you will be cutting your own tags. If you participated in the Birthday Bash and Tammy had your address you should have received an envelope filled with flowers. You will be using these flowers on your tags. If you didn't get an envelope no worries, use what you have.

As we get started, please take time to read the story below concerning Stephanie Smokovich. Five miraculous years later she is still creating, still dealing with brain cancer, and thankful for each day with her family and friends.

Before I give you the directions I want to tell you a little bit about the kit and how amazing the scrapbooking family is. As some of you might know, I am a big Bella Blvd. fan. Stephanie, who owns Bella Blvd. was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. A group of talented ladies got together and created a kit as a fundraiser for Stephanie's family. (KIT IS NO LONGER FOR SALE) You can read about it at this link: She Is Brave: Stephanie Smokovich Benefit Bundle
For this challenge, we are using pieces from this kit. Stephanie has been amazing and is sharing her journey through her Facebook and Instagram posts if you want to follow. Now on to the tag!

Here are your 2023 directions:
1. You will be cutting 1 large white tag 3"w x 6" h and 2 small white tags 2"w x 3" h .
You will be using the large tag as the base of your project.
2. You may use any number of pattern papers but must use at least one
3. You may use whatever flowers from your envelope that you wish but must use some flowers
4. You may use any other embellishments such as gems, enamels, brads, sequins, etc.
5. You may use any of these items if you choose...ink, mist, paint, stamps, etc. but not required.
6. HERE'S the challenge within the challenge. Take the two small tags you cut. You must use both of them in an altered state...fold them, rip them, cut them, do something creative with them. They still need to be recognizable as tags but not used in the normal manner of things like a banner...if you have questions about this please ask.

Have fun and remember to post your tags back here by Tuesday, May 23 by 12 noon EST. Please remember that you must do all 4 challenges to be eligible for the prize drawing.

Original 2018 post.
1.)You have 1 large tag that will be the base of your project.
2.)There are 4 patterned papers...you can use any number of these but must use at least 1
3.)Jill from Jillibean Soup included printablof the die cuts from her collection Shades of Color Soup...use at least one of these
4.)You will find an assortment of arrow and tab stickies (also a Jillibean product) use either the arrow or the tab or if you are daring both and as many a you like.
5.) The hearts and sequins are optional items for you to use or not use as you wish,
6.) You can add any of these items if you choose...ink, paint , mist..but not required
7.) HERE'S the challenge within the challenge. There are 2 little white tags. You must use both of them in an altered state....fold them, rip them, cut them, do something creative with them! They need to still be recognizable as the tags but not used in the normal manner of things like a banner...if you have questions about this please ask.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Beautiful tag Patti!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Creative money holder tag Patti! Love it!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Love your tag!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Patti and Tracy: pretty tags
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

Here’s what I came up with

- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Pretty tag Brandi!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I’m using the tags as pockets Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

You ladies are so clever! I've got my tags cut out, but haven't assembled them yet.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “National Scrapbook Day 2023”