April 17: The Library & Sketch Monday

Join us all month long as we play Clue: the Scrap Game. Eliminate the suspects and discover whodunit, with what and where. The first person to solve the crime wins. *the more challenges completed . . , the more clues are given.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

April 17: The Library & Sketch Monday

Post by sthom97093 »

In the Beginning....

It is a dark and stormy night. After a long drive, you finally approach the front door of the Hill House Manor. You ring the doorbell and a rather large kinda creepy man answers. “Welcome to the Hill House” he mutters “they are waiting for you.” The butler leads you to the lounge where Miss Scarlet, Professor Plum, Mrs. White, Mr. Green, Colonel Mustard & Mrs. Peacock are sitting nervously. You look around and Professor Plum pipes up. “Someone killed Mr. Boddy our host”. You begin to look at everyone in the room; it is your job to find out who killed Mr. Boddy, where he was killed and with what weapon.

Most of you have played the clue board game before. This game works a lot like that, BUT in order for you to receive clues you will need to complete the challenges posted four (4) times weekly. Not all days have been assigned clues, and some days have two....so you'll need to do as many as you can in order to get those clues. Each evening I will check the challenges completed and all you have to do is sit back and wait for your clue to be pm’d to you.

The more challenges you complete the more clues you receive. The first person to solve the crime wins. In case of a tie, we will draw for a winner. Each person will get only one chance to guess so make sure you have collected all your clues.

Good Luck Detective!

Remember .... there are a total of 17 challenges / possible clues to help you solve the murder mystery, but no one (except Tammy) knows which challenges will "give you a clue". So, the more challenges you complete, the more chances you have of getting clues and solving the mystery.
*Cut File Challenge is NOT Included in this.

THE LIBRARY:
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to own and operate a bookstore. I love to read and talk about books. I love the smell of books and bookstore vibes. Well...as fate would have it, I opened a bookstore! A space opened up in the downtown of my hometown. My husband and I signed a lease for the space, we learned everything we could about operating a bookstore, and we did! We officially opened last Saturday 4/8 and completed are first official week on Sunday, 4/16. So, in honor of the "Library" in the Clue game, I decided to feature pictures from inside my bookstore for this project. Since it is Monday, not only do I challenge you to use the sketch found below from Sketches in Thyme, but also to use a tag in some way on your project in honor of "bookmarks" that can be found in a library. I can't wait to see your interpretations!

Here is the sketch:

Here is my project:
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: April 17: The Library & Sketch Monday

Post by phillisw »

Yeah for the first week of your bookstore being open. Fun Sketch and great LO by you :)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Love your bookstore! Congratulations and what a perfect challenge for the occasion!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Congrats on your bookstore! I love your book clock!
Great sketch and wonderful example!
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Yea, good for you. Hope your bookstore is a huge success. My dad had a used bookstore for many years. I started out trying to read everything he took in in exchange. Had to give up. Even I couldn’t read over 20,000 books.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh my gosh! THAT is so exciting!! And I have the perfect pics for the challenge. Wait till you see my granddaughters graduation pics. eeeeeeeee
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Adapted for 8 1/2 X 11
ImageImageImageImage
Mauds papercraft
Challenge Team

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Love the sketch. Congratulations on your new adventure. It's great to see a bricks and mortar store
Mauds papercraft
Challenge Team

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Ural wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:45 am Image

Adapted for 8 1/2 X 11
Love the colours Ural and your tag / bookmark
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural; cute page