Hi, I'm Wanda

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations. Please take a few moments to introduce yourself here.
Wanda
Station Chef

Hi, I'm Wanda

Post by Wanda »

Hi everyone, I'm Wanda. I am a "retired" teacher, continuing to teach in the independent school system after 28 years in the public schools. I live in Madison, Mississippi, a suburb of Jackson, the capital city. I've been married to Randy for 31 years and we have two daughters, Sarah (25) and Mary Beth (23).

Sarah is a civil engineer and dancer living in Atlanta. Mary Beth is going to be a special education teacher and will be living in Houston, TX soon. Mary Beth is getting married this year. I am mommy to three dogs: chihuahua-yorkie Scrappy, chihuahua-poodle Buffy, and rescue terrior Spike. I am granny to Willow, a hedgehog. Yes, the girls watched Buffy The Vampire Slayer when they were younger, thus the names Buffy, Spike and Willow.

I stopped scrapping for a year or so, but with the girls pretty much permanently moved out, and having a new house, I took the third bedroom as my own and have been scrapping a good bit since Christmas! It really has made me a much happier person; I didn't know that the loss of my creative outlet was adding to the stress of a move, a retirement, a new job, and some physical illnesses.

So good to have a scrapbook group again! Thanks, Tammy!
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: Hi, I'm Wanda

Post by BarbP »

Hi, Wanda! As I said in my intro post, we moved about 1 1/2 years ago from IL to Colorado. We are retired "empty nesters", except for my mom. who lives with us. I found that it did take some time to adjust to "retirement" (I really was too young too officially retire; I just quit :P ) Scrapping helps me to fill the time and to give my day some structure.
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

BarbP wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:35 pm Hi, Wanda! As I said in my intro post, we moved about 1 1/2 years ago from IL to Colorado. We are retired "empty nesters", except for my mom. who lives with us. I found that it did take some time to adjust to "retirement" (I really was too young too officially retire; I just quit :P ) Scrapping helps me to fill the time and to give my day some structure.
My husband would love to live in Colorado! Do you love it?
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Wanda wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm
BarbP wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:35 pm Hi, Wanda! As I said in my intro post, we moved about 1 1/2 years ago from IL to Colorado. We are retired "empty nesters", except for my mom. who lives with us. I found that it did take some time to adjust to "retirement" (I really was too young too officially retire; I just quit :P ) Scrapping helps me to fill the time and to give my day some structure.
My husband would love to live in Colorado! Do you love it?
I do like it here. I haven''t really gotten to do a lot of the things I thought I would because of my arthritis (it decided to flare up big time) but we get more than 300 sunny days a year, mild winters and low humidity in the summer, And I love the house we built. It is much nicer than we could have gotten for the same cost back in Illinois, There is a little stamp and scrap store here and a bigger, nicer one in Colorado Springs, about an hour away. WE can see Pike's Peak if we go about two blocks from our house. My husband walks a couple of miles a day along the river or the downtown Riverwalk. People overall are friendly and helpful.
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Sounds like you are a busy lady
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Welcome Wanda! Cookin up Creations is a fun place to be. Lots of scrapping fun and ideas. You will love it here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Welcome to Cookin' up Creations”