Hello from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations. Please take a few moments to introduce yourself here.
chillycharlie20
In the Kitchen

Hello from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Post by chillycharlie20 »

Hi everyone, my name is Cheryl Leuschen, I am a mother of 2 and grandmother of 3, married for 46 years this coming August, and a retired nurse. I have been scrapbooking pretty much all my life! I started out with the old type of what we called scrapbooks when I was young. You know, the newsprint pages, coil bound, usually had blue covers. I saved cards, receipts, newspaper clippings,pressed flowers, etc. Unfortunately as a young adult I thought what a stupid, childish thing to do and threw all that stuff out during one of my moves. Fast forward through the "magnetic" photo albums (most of which I have re-done) to the scrapbooking process of today. I have many, many photo albums, some are finished, most are in progress! I do not scrap chronologically, I scrap whatever I am motivated by that day. I follow many scrappers on You tube, like Vicki boutin, Tim Holtz, Heidi Swapp, Shimelle Laine, plus a myriad of others that do process videos. And therein, lies my problem, I start in scrapping and end up watching videos, and don't get my own stuff done, time is up and I have to go and do responsible adulting things!! LOL I tend to be on the lazy side for taking photos of my layouts and uploading them though, so I don't know how good I will be for sharing here. I will try harder to be more sharing, that's the best I can do! I came over here from Creative Inspirations, invited by Bev Code. It looks like a fun place to be and I am looking forward to meeting everyone here. I see quite a few of my friends from there are here now too. I met most of them on line quite a few years ago, and then in 2012, we met in real life at a crop in Houston, Texas. There's a story there too! Because I only knew these ladies from being on line, my husband was very nervous about me flying so far away to meet them in real life. At the time, I only had a flip phone and no contract for international calls, however, you could text from there. He asked me to come up with a code word that i could send him if I needed help or felt like I was in danger. I was to send him all the information i could about where i was staying and phone numbers where I could be reached. And he was dead serious about all of this. I did share this with my friends, as after meeting them all, they were the nicest bunch of ladies to be with! I am not totally convinced that he believed me and I am sure he didn't relax until I arrived home safely!
Cheryl
The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is attitude.
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

Post by Patti »

Welcome, Cheryl!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations Cheryl!!

Please feel free to jump in anywhere . . .the message board is similiar to Creative Inspiration. If you have any questions, whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask. If I'm not available, someone else here is always more than willing to help you out!

Again, welcome!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Yay! Cheryl's here! Welcome!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Welcome Cheryl!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Hi Cheryl! Your story is similar to mine. Can't wait to see your stuff!
Welcome!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hello and welcome to CUC!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Glad you made it here, Cheryl.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Hi Cheryl!
--Danielle--
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

Nice to meet you Cheryl! I'm in Burnaby so it's nice to find another Canuck to greet! I'm the same as you - I scrap whenever the mood strikes and I don't scrapbook chronologically. I'd never get anything done if I did. Sometimes it's hard to scrapbook those old snapshots.

Return to “Welcome to Cookin' up Creations”