Hello from North Central Pennsylvania

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations. Please take a few moments to introduce yourself here.
LynneH

Hello from North Central Pennsylvania

Post by LynneH »

A big hello from Mansfield, PA. I am a retired teacher with 4 adult children who live all over the world. I live with my wonderful husband of 31 years and my 87 year old aunt, who moved in with us after hip replacement surgery 4 years ago. We have an 8 month old grandson who lives in Lusaka, Zambia. He's my favorite subject to scrap. We get lots of pictures since we don't see him often.
After putting 4 kids through college, we are travelling a lot to see them. Aside from scrapping I do a lot of sewing; from garments to quilts, tailoring and alterations. I'm in the middle of making diapers to take to Africa in June.
I also am a gym rat. I spend a minimum of 2 hours a day working out and love every minute of it (most days).
I love seeing other's pages. They are always so inspiring to me. I joined TSR and have been flying through pages. It's a good thing because I have 50+ years of pictures to get through.!
Wanda
Station Chef

Re: Hello from North Central Pennsylvania

Post by Wanda »

I'm a retired teacher, too! BUT, I am still teaching full-time, in a private school.
I do envy you all your traveling; can't wait to see your pages and pictures.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations!! It's really a small world!! There's a few of us here from Williamsport!! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

HI I am a NY about an hour and 15 minutes away I am also a quilter and like to sew.

Welcome!

The grandson in Zambia how cool. I have always wanted to go to Africa. Almost went once as a missionary with a nursing group but the trip fell through. How did your family end up in Zambia?
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Welcome! Can't wait to see your layouts; sure sounds like you are busier now then when you were probably working! LOL
Brenda B
In the Kitchen

Post by Brenda B »

Welcome, Lynne!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hello and welcome to CUC Lynne!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

Hi, Lynne! Welcome to the group!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Welcome, Lynne!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
LynneH

Post by LynneH »

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I am in day 2 of a power outage here, with power hopefully to be restored by tomorrow night. My craft room is in the basement, so I have been scrapping what I can by battery operated lantern and candle light. I can't sew with out electric, nor can I do laundry or vacuum, so I might as well scrap what I can! I have been matching colors by running outside during daylight (haha). I'm sure if we had close neighbors, they'd be curious.
To those in Williamsport, a big hello!

I will post pictures when we have power and Internet again, and when I can figure out how to post.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Return to “Welcome to Cookin' up Creations”