Introduce Yourself HERE!

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations. Please take a few moments to introduce yourself here.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Introduce Yourself HERE!

Post by tammyfolk »

MarilynG wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:57 pm Hi! I’m MarilynG and I started scrapping in 2005. In the last 2 years, I’ve lost my crafting mojo. I’m married and have 4 kids - 18 thru 12. My youngest has ASD and was recently in the hospital having surgery and on life support for 2 weeks. He’s better now, almost fully recovered. Between his medical issues and this pandemic, it’s really opened my eyes to not take advantage of those family and friend connections. I want to scrap again with a renewed love and appreciation for our wonderful hobby of preserving family memories. Looking forward to getting to know you all, getting inspired and creating once again!
Oh My Marilyn!!

How scary that must have been for you!!

As you can see, we're a very small site with lots of monthly themed challenges, friendly faces & hopefully enough mojo to spread around!!

Welcome to the CUC site, and if you have any questions, whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

bdhardy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:54 am Hi! My name is Beth and I found out about this site on the 2peasrefugees board. I'm a mom of 2 teens and have been crafting (scrapbooks, cards, home decore) for 18 years now. Due to time constraints, I mostly focus on cards and mini albums. I'm a pastor's wife, so I love to send cards to the ladies in our church and in our rural community. <3
Hi Beth!!

Welcome to Cookin' up Creations . . .super excited that you made you're way over here. We're a super small site with lots of friendly faces!!

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

wendycrowe97 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:50 am HI, My name is Wendy and I've been scrapping for about 20 years now. I live in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago, Illinois.
I have 3 kids that keep me busy with lots of activities and photos.
I'm currently working on my oldest daughter's wedding album - SO close to being finished!
Trying to finish up my youngest daughter's high school book. She is a senior, so she lost out on a lot this year. I"m hoping memories of the previous years will keep her spirits up. My friends and I are hosting a small prom for them when we can. And there is still hope for a graduation ceremony.
And we went to Cooperstown New York for a baseball tournament for my son. We stopped at Niagara Falls and Cedar Point along the way. I just printed out all 400 pictures for that trip.
So I have LOTS to keep me busy! Looking forward to inspiration, challenges and motivation!
Wow Wendy! My heart breaks for all of the 2020 seniors this year! Really, for all the children, but still, even as a parent, you want those things for you children!! My youngest is currently finishing his Freshman year of college online and it's very sad to hear him tell me daily how much he misses the classroom and the in class debates (he loves philosophy). Any woo, Welcome.....be sure to check out the monthly "themed" challenges and jump in anywhere . . .

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Welcome Marilyn! Glad to hear your son is doing well! That must have been so scary! So glad you've joined us and you're ready to get back into scrapping! Looking forward to seeing your work!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Hi Ladies, glad you all are here and looking forward to seeing your creations!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Welcome aboard Marilyn, Beth and Wendy! Glad to have you!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Kristine

Post by Kristine »

I am celebrating 20 years of modern scrapbooking and started when my first child turned 2. I have always kept "scrapbooks" and took photographs my whole life. I found this site on the two peas refugees message board. I was born and raised in a suburb of Chicago. After graduating from college, I worked in the city of Chicago BC (before children). I am married to an amazing husband who maps out scrapbook stores anywhere we travel and have gone to one in 18 states. I was a stay at home mom to my two wonderful sons until they started middle school. I have also lived in Michigan (where I shopped at the brick and mortar Lifetime Moments store) and northwest Indiana (30 minutes to Chicago), I now call Maryland in the Washington DC metro area home. I worked at three different local scrapbook stores in the states of Illinois and Indiana in the 2000's which are all now closed. I presently work at a professional international science society. I have a terrific scrapbook room where I create since I do not know anyone around me who does it.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you here! Looking forward to seeing your creations!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Welcome Kristine! Looking forward to seeing your work!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Welcome, Kristine

Return to “Welcome to Cookin' up Creations”