Saturday Dec 17: A Christmas Story

Join us ALL MONTH long as we pay tribute to ALL of those Holiday Movies that put you in the holiday spirit.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Saturday Dec 17: A Christmas Story

Post by sthom97093 »

One of the best parts of the holidays is curling up on the couch with some hot cocoa and settling in for a true Christmas movie marathon. But, alas, the season is fleeting, so don't waste your precious festive time channel surfing or digging through streaming sites—just join us here at Cookin' Up Creations where we will be posting challenges all month long based on heartwarming classics like It's a Wonderful Life to Christmas-movie-legend Home Alone. It's a month guaranteed to bring back movie memories and put you in the holiday spirit.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

For this project, I was inspired by the movie A Christmas Story.

It's not the Christmas season without watching this classic at least 5 times. I don't think I've said the word "fragile" the way it is supposed to be pronounced since 1983 when this movie was released! A few years back, the house where the movie was filmed was opened to the public. It's in Cleveland, Ohio, 4 hours from my house, and my family and I took a road trip featured in this project. My challenge for you today is to create a project documenting a fun road trip your family has taken. It can either be during the holidays or throughout the year. I can't wait to see all of your adventures!

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday Dec 17: A Christmas Story

Post by Tamara »

oh how fun! Great story too!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Oh, how fun! We always watch that movie on Christmas Eve. Love your page and great challenge.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Stephanie. Ah love your story about the movie. Cute page and fun challenge
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

I have one page to go on our summer vacation. We had a great time. The paper pieced birds and paper flowers are the state/province symbols. Some of them turned out better than others but I had fun trying to do them.
ImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

We do lots of road trips. In car, RV and motorcycle. here is one.

SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural: love the birds and the photos
Sherri: ah motorcycle adventure. how fun
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Ural wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:07 pm Image

I have one page to go on our summer vacation. We had a great time. The paper pieced birds and paper flowers are the state/province symbols. Some of them turned out better than others but I had fun trying to do them.
Beautiful project. I liked how you incorporated in the state/province symbols. Very cool!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

sherriscraps wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:21 pm We do lots of road trips. In car, RV and motorcycle. here is one.

Great page documenting your roadtrip! I'm especially loving the background paper with all the amazing quotes! Thanks for playing along with me.
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

A 2 page layout about travels to Austin.

SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “December 2022 - It's a Wonderful Life”