December Challenge: Die Hard

Join us ALL MONTH long as we pay tribute to ALL of those Holiday Movies that put you in the holiday spirit.
Lolis
Challenge Team

December Challenge: Die Hard

Post by Lolis »

One of the best parts of the holidays is curling up on the couch with some hot cocoa and settling in for a true Christmas movie marathon. But, alas, the season is fleeting, so don't waste your precious festive time channel surfing or digging through streaming sites—just join us here at Cookin' Up Creations where we will be posting challenges all month long based on the heartwarming classics like It's a Wonderful Life to Christmas-movie-legend Home Alone. It's a month guaranteed to bring back movie memories and put you in the holiday spirit.
Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing). *Winner will be chosen via Random.Org.
For this challenge we will grab inspiration from Bruce Willis’s Die Hard. Not everyone agrees with listing this movie as a Christmas movie, but the setting is Christmas. To guide away from the violence and the bullets, let’s try some brightening ideas!
1. For the building and multiple floors, add layers to your layout.
2. For all the bullets, use some metal or something metallic on your page.
3. So there is no question that Die Hard is a Christmas movie, add some Christmas colors, green and/or red, at least one.
4. Optional: make some holes on your page. I added only one on my journaling card.
5. And if you wold also like to include Die Hard 2: Die Harder, use some travel photos.

Here is my example!
I added layers of different papers, and layers to my embellishments clusters. I used a metallic title and embellishments and added some metal embellies. Added the color green. The pictures are of Jorge and me on the way to Albuquerque on Jorge’s birthday.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: December Challenge: Die Hard

Post by phillisw »

Lolis: love it. I love the bright colors and different patterns
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Love your layout Lolis! So cheerful and happy . . . and so very pretty! Great challenge too!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Fun page and great challenge!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Love your layout! So fun to use an off Christmas movie. Great job on that challenge!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:09 pm Love your layout! So fun to use an off Christmas movie. Great job on that challenge!
Die Hard is a Christmas action movie. 😂
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

I giggled at this movie! Despite agreeing to have it be our Christmas Eve tradition, I still say no to it being a Christmas movie, my husband of course believes it’s the best Christmas movie out there! Haha! Fun challenge!
- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

scrappy.boymama wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:22 pm I giggled at this movie! Despite agreeing to have it be our Christmas Eve tradition, I still say no to it being a Christmas movie, my husband of course believes it’s the best Christmas movie out there! Haha! Fun challenge!
Brandi, I’m the only girl in my household, so I finally accepted it as Christmas movie many years ago! :lol: :lol: Now I’m convinced it is one of the best Christmas movies ever. 🤷‍♀️
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

Lolis wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:35 pm
scrappy.boymama wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:22 pm I giggled at this movie! Despite agreeing to have it be our Christmas Eve tradition, I still say no to it being a Christmas movie, my husband of course believes it’s the best Christmas movie out there! Haha! Fun challenge!
Brandi, I’m the only girl in my household, so I finally accepted it as Christmas movie many years ago! :lol: :lol: Now I’m convinced it is one of the best Christmas movies ever. 🤷‍♀️
My boys are only 4 & 2, so it’s just hubby and I for now, but I even told him I’d be sad if we didn’t watch it!
- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImageImage
sherriscraps
Sous Chef

Post by sherriscraps »

I've always been intrigued over the debate whether this is a Christmas movie. I guess I didn't even realize it was set at Christmas. I like you page
I have been busy scrapping trying to get gift albums done for my kids that I give them every Christmas.

here is my take. some red, 2 metal brads with holes to attach them and layers.

SHERRI P :)

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “December 2022 - It's a Wonderful Life”