December 3rd Saturday - A Christmas Story

Join us ALL MONTH long as we pay tribute to ALL of those Holiday Movies that put you in the holiday spirit.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

December 3rd Saturday - A Christmas Story

Post by Deanna13 »

One of the best parts of the holidays is curling up on the couch with some hot cocoa and settling in for a true Christmas movie marathon. But, alas, the season is fleeting, so don't waste your precious festive time channel surfing or digging through streaming sites—just join us here at Cookin' Up Creations where we will be posting challenges all month long based on the heartwarming classics like It's a Wonderful Life to Christmas-movie-legend Home Alone. It's a month guaranteed to bring back movie memories and put you in the holiday spirit.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing). *Winner will be chosen via Random.Org.

I chose my all-time favorite Christmas movie, "A Christmas Story". I can watch it year around for laughs. I have it on DVD, DVR, and taped. LOL :D

Scrap about any family tradition you have and add an accent that goes along with your tradition.

This can be any family tradition, doesn't have to be a holiday.
:)

My tradition is for Christmas. We have a tradition where DH writes out clues for the grandkids to find their stockings. We do it in groups of 3. Our 3 granddaughters, the 3 older grandsons, and the 3 younger grandsons who are pictured here. I also used stockings for my required accent. :)

Photos of our youngest three grandsons Travis, Kellan, and Evan reading clues to find their stockings, Christmas 2021. :)
Merry Holiday
Last edited by Deanna13 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: December 3rd Saturday - A Christmas Story

Post by phillisw »

Deanna: What a fun tradition. You Lo is so pretty with all the layers and the paper stockings
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Great challenge! Love your layout
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

What a nice tradition! Love your page!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

What a fun tradition! Very pretty page!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

What a fun tradition! Love your layout, Deanna!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

87 years ago when I was two years old. I was given this little lace dress. It had been worn once by the woman's daughter and she had then saved it for her hoped for granddaughter, The woman's daughter died without children so she gave the dress to me--along with a bracelet and ring. Since then the dress has been worn--at least long enough to take a picture by every girl baby in our family. These are a few of the pictures. All of the pictures are scrapped and in a small album which is kept with the dress--now in the possession of one of my granddaughters. The dress has ribbons so I used ribbon on this layout.
ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Ural wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:30 pm Image

87 years ago when I was two years old. I was given this little lace dress. It had been worn once by the woman's daughter and she had then saved it for her hoped for granddaughter, The woman's daughter died without children so she gave the dress to me--along with a bracelet and ring. Since then the dress has been worn--at least long enough to take a picture by every girl baby in our family. These are a few of the pictures. All of the pictures are scrapped and in a small album which is kept with the dress--now in the possession of one of my granddaughters. The dress has ribbons so I used ribbon on this layout.
What a great story to document, Ural and beautiful layout!! I love those pretty flowers and the ribbon! Thanks so much for taking my challenge! :)
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Ural wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:30 pm Image

what an absolutely beautiful thing to scrap Ural. . . and your layout is beautiful!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural WOW, what a cool tradition. love your page
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “December 2022 - It's a Wonderful Life”