OCT 24 2022 ROBIN

Join us as we flock together to complete this month's "Birds of a Feather" themed challenges! So, get ready!! The birds are coming!
Tamara
Challenge Team

OCT 24 2022 ROBIN

Post by Tamara »

Join us as we flock together to complete this month's "Birds of a Feather" themed challenges. While this old proverb is true of all of us who share the same love for putting our memories on scrapbook pages or creating beautiful cards, the focus is not on us, but on the various birds that surround us with their beautiful colors, their varied songs, and their nest building skills. They may hang around our yards splashing in a bird bath and enjoying a free meal or they may make their home in a zoo. Perhaps they were a once in a lifetime sighting or a pet you enjoy every day. Big or small, they may frighten us or delight us. We use their names to describe others...you wise old owl, she's as colorful as a peacock, he's just a little songbird. They have stared in movies and inspired songs and poetry. And these amazing creatures have even risen to the heights of being honored as state and national symbols. So, get ready!! The birds are coming!

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

I chose the Ronin because that is a bird we see a lot during the spring and summer. They have a beautiful red breast and are constantly trying to pull worms out of the ground.

My challenge today is to stick with the color of a Robin. Create a monochromatic layout using Red. Add some torn edges like the bird pecking at the ground for food. And then use any tiny pieces -bling, brads or dots representing the food that they eat. I also wanted to say that I used a blurry picture of Brennan holding the train set that we bought him. It was the only one that I had so I didn't want to toss it away. I guess we could say that it is the robin flying away fast so you don't always get a clear pic. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have fun! and I can't wait to see Red! Oh and it is my favorite color, it always has been!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: OCT 24 2022 ROBIN

Post by phillisw »

What a fun page, Tamara, great use of red. Love the challenge
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a great challenge and example, Tamara! (By-the-way it's the 26th) :)
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great page and fun challenge!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: OCT 26 2022 ROBIN

Post by Tamara »

Deanna13 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:57 am It's a great challenge and example, Tamara! (By-the-way it's the 26th) :)
Oh Shoot! i thought I messed up and posted the wrong day. It was late last night. :lol: :lol: :lol: all fixed
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Even used a blurry picture of the space needle made from a moving car.
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

cute page, ural
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Ural wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:52 pm Image

Even used a blurry picture of the space needle made from a moving car.
Aww love it! That pattern paper is so pretty. Cute page!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine! Monochromatic red layout with sprinkles of brads, dots, puffy accents. :)

Photos of sweet granddaughter Makaylee. She always brightens my day by sending smiling photos now and then, October 2022. :)
On the Bright Side
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

cute page, Deanna. Did you stitch those circles?
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “October 2022 - Birds of a Feather”