Sat 10/8/22: Mourning Dove

Join us as we flock together to complete this month's "Birds of a Feather" themed challenges! So, get ready!! The birds are coming!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Sat 10/8/22: Mourning Dove

Post by sthom97093 »

Join us as we flock together to complete this month's "Birds of a Feather" themed challenges. While this old proverb is true of all of us who share the same love for putting our memories on scrapbook pages or creating beautiful cards, the focus is not on us, but on the various birds that surround us with their beautiful colors, their varied songs, and their nest building skills. They may hang around our yards splashing in a bird bath and enjoying a free meal or they may make their home in a zoo. Perhaps they were a once in a lifetime sighting or a pet you enjoy every day. Big or small, they may frighten us or delight us. We use their names to describe others...you wise old owl, she's as colorful as a peacock, he's just a little songbird. They have stared in movies and inspired songs and poetry. And these amazing creatures have even risen to the heights of being honored as state and national symbols. So, get ready!! The birds are coming!

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Today's bird inspiration is the mourning dove.

Whenever, I hear the coo of the mourning dove, I think of my Grandmother. She and I would spend hours outside in her garden picking weeds and talking about life. To this day, she is the first person I think of when I hear the distinctive call of this bird. And no matter where I am or what I'm doing, the dove's call calms my soul. My challenge for you, in honor of the mourning dove, is to create a project that commemorates someone special in your life. I chose to honor my grandparents through this project. They are standing in the rock garden my grandmother loved so much where we often heard the song of the mourning dove.

Last edited by sthom97093 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Sat 10/8/22: Mourning Dove

Post by Deanna13 »

Great challenge and example, Stephanie! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Beautiful page Stephanie! Great challenge!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Beautiful page! A great challenge!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Ossenior is my grandmother. She loved sweetpeas flowers. As I was making the sweet peas for this layout I remembered when she would come to visit with us and her trying to teach me to piece a quilt. She finally gave up and told me to stick with crochet. It is hard to realize she has been gone 75 years
The florist had to scour the countryside to find enough sweetpeas for her funeral spray.
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Great pages: Stephanie and Ural!! :)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Ural wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:34 pm Image

Ossenior is my grandmother. She loved sweetpeas flowers. As I was making the sweet peas for this layout I remembered when she would come to visit with us and her trying to teach me to piece a quilt. She finally gave up and told me to stick with crochet. It is hard to realize she has been gone 75 years
The florist had to scour the countryside to find enough sweetpeas for her funeral spray.
What a great tribute to your grandmother!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's mine! :)

Photos from Mom's 91st birthday celebration, January 2020. Sadly she passed this June.
Beautiful People
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Deanna; ah what beautiful memories
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Love the challenge and what a beautiful layout and story.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “October 2022 - Birds of a Feather”