OCT 3 SEAGULL

Join us as we flock together to complete this month's "Birds of a Feather" themed challenges! So, get ready!! The birds are coming!
Tamara
Challenge Team

OCT 3 SEAGULL

Post by Tamara »

Join us as we flock together to complete this month's "Birds of a Feather" themed challenges. While this old proverb is true of all of us who share the same love for putting our memories on scrapbook pages or creating beautiful cards, the focus is not on us, but on the various birds that surround us with their beautiful colors, their varied songs, and their nest building skills. They may hang around our yards splashing in a bird bath and enjoying a free meal or they may make their home in a zoo. Perhaps they were a once in a lifetime sighting or a pet you enjoy every day. Big or small, they may frighten us or delight us. We use their names to describe others...you wise old owl, she's as colorful as a peacock, he's just a little songbird. They have stared in movies and inspired songs and poetry. And these amazing creatures have even risen to the heights of being honored as state and national symbols. So, get ready!! The birds are coming!

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

I chose the Seagull because it is the State of Utahs Bird
The "California Seagull" was selected as the state bird by the legislation in 1955, in commemoration of the fact that these gulls saved the people of the state by eating up the Rocky Mountain crickets which were destroying the cops in 1848.
The snowy white bird with gray wings and a black tail produces a regal show whether at the lake or in a grassy yard or park. He has a yellow beak and feet that gives him a pop of color.
Today you see them everywhere from the Zoo to the parks to the water. They are always scavenging for food and happy to take a bite out of your meal if you are eating outdoors. Little ones love to throw them a piece of bread and watch them gulp it down.
My challenge for you today is to focus on the colors of the seagull. White, gray and yellow and include some kind of food on your creation.

Here is the sketch I chose for todays challenge by Shawna Lahr
Here is my example

Have Fun!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: OCT 3 SEAGULL

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a great example for your challenge, Tamara! We love feeding the seagulls at the beach. Some can be quite aggressive!! :)
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great page and challenge! I was once surrounded by about 100 seagulls when a friend and I were feeding them french fries....they were very aggressive!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love your page and challenge, tamara!!
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

Based very loosely on the sketch, using the colors required. Sorry I just had one picture at this area
ImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Ural wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:34 pm Image

Based very loosely on the sketch, using the colors required. Sorry I just had one picture at this area
That works! I love how soft the yellow is! Great Job! So good to see you back!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Beth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:28 pm Image
Love your circle! Great take on this!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural and Beth: love them both!!
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Amy Jo
Guest Designer

Post by Amy Jo »

I love this color combination and your title on the example layout is so cool, Tamara!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “October 2022 - Birds of a Feather”