Do you work from collection kits or your own stash kits?

Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Do you work from collection kits or your own stash kits?

Post by Kiki Halbert »

Hi everyone. Lately I find I've been using my own stash kits or random papers and embellishments that I pull together for a layout. I used to be a collection kit person, using the premade embellishments and stickers with their coordinating papers for doing scrapbooking. I thought I was being more productive that way. But I think my priorities have changed in that I want to use up as much of my old stash as I can to make room for new product.

What do you use to scrapbook? Why do you use collection kits or homemade kits? Do you find it challenging to pull embellishments and papers together? What's been your favourite collection kit to use if you've used them in the past?
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Re: Do you work from collection kits or your own stash kits?

Post by LisanTexas »

I do both, a friend and I are doing a monthly kit challenge on our blogs to challenge each other (and whoever wants to join) to make a kit each month from our stash and use it to make our projects that month! I also love just using a collection if I really like it. I know I have had a TON of favs over the years but one of my favorites is Echo Parks Happy Days as I used all of that collection in less then a month I liked it so much...usually I don't buy the entire collection anymore as I find that I don't use it all at once and then just put it in my stash and kind of forget about it so now I just buy a few things from a collection so I will use it all up and not have as many left overs!
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I usually just pull from my stash and mix and match. I have several collections and I even pull things from them to mix and match.
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

No kits here
--Danielle--
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I usually just pull from my stuff and match things up. I do have several kits and use them when I am trying to get many pages done in a hurry. I often will put most of the kit together and then can just add the photos and embellishments later
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I just use paper in my stash. Sadly I have enough to last me 100 years. My DH used to work for DCVW and when they had warehouse sales I was very well taken care of. We also benefit from Echo Park at Pinners, the expo or warehouse sales when the collections are $5 I have a big box of them as well. I'm trying to use more of what I have though.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Products - Challenges, Questions & Discussions”