Mon 8/29-Sketch & House

This month it's all about the QUOTES. We hear them, we remember them, we display them, we repeat them and now we are challenging you to show us your interpretations of them on your paper projects.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Mon 8/29-Sketch & House

Post by sthom97093 »

This month it's all about the QUOTES. We hear them, we remember them, we display them, we repeat them and now we are challenging you to show us your interpretations of them on your paper projects. Whether it’s a funny quote, one that encourages, one that makes your heart sing, or one that provides motivation, we guarantee the challenges will inspire you.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

For today's project, I'm featuring the following beautiful sketch from Paper Maps along with one of Abraham Lincoln's most famous quotes, "A house divided against itself cannot stand."

I am an American History teacher, and without a doubt, Abraham Lincoln is my favorite US President. When this challenge was presented, I immediately thought of one of Lincoln's most memorable quotes, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." And when I thought of that quote, I immediately thought of my house and football season. My husband and daughters are die-hard Ohio State Buckeye fans. However, in the game pictured on my project today, my husband and daughter are at the OSU vs. Miami University game. What is the significance of this game? Miami University is my daughter's and mine alma mater! So, we were officially a house divided on that particular Saturday afternoon. I am happy to report that despite having the Buckeyes beat our Miami Redhawks, our house did continue to stand! My challenge to you this Monday is not only incorporate the sketch into your project but also showcase pictures of your house. Perhaps it's your family's favorite sports team(s) like I did. Or maybe it's a photo of your garden or a room that you renovated. I can't wait to see how you all interpret the challenge!

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Mon 8/29-Sketch & House

Post by Tracy F »

Great challenge and great example!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Fun challenge and great display of it. I'm going to have to think what I can come up with.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love your page, Stephanie. great sketch and super fun challenge!
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Members completing this challenge are -

1 - Stephanie
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “August 2022 - He Said, She Said”