Saturday, June 18th

Join us all month long as we post challenges that require us to USE OUR STASH.....but this month, there's a twist!! We'll be using our stash to Scraplift ourselves and others....
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Saturday, June 18th

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tamara wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:28 pm
Color me impressed! Great job, Tamara!
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Amy Jo
Guest Designer

Post by Amy Jo »

I love the Spectrum papers but am trying not to buy any new papers so this was a good challenge! I created my own background paper with white crayon and watercolors! I think it came out great even though it’s much brighter than the spectrum paper collection.
ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Beautiful, Amy Jo
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Here are my cards
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tracy F wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:27 pm I haven't done cards like this in a long time! Loved every minute of it! Thanks Jan!

Wow, color me impressed again! Beautiful cards, Tracy!
Last edited by Jan Mosier on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Amy Jo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:38 pm I love the Spectrum papers but am trying not to buy any new papers so this was a good challenge! I created my own background paper with white crayon and watercolors! I think it came out great even though it’s much brighter than the spectrum paper collection.
Fantastic job, Amy Jo!
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

phillisw wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:52 pm Here are my cards
Wow, wonderful job, Phillis!
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

You ladies are nailing this challenge! I am so impressed with all of your creations! Thank you, thank you for playing along with this challenge!
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

The idea for this LO came when I was sitting similar to the picture at the beach in Florida. I was collecting the tiny little shells with the idea of using them on a LO. As I sat there, I wondered if I could recapture the scene on paper. And then came Jan's challenge.
I had seen this Tim Holtz stamp and thought it would be perfect to create the bubbles and layers of the water and sand BUT I did not want to pay $25.00 for it.

Here's what I did. Layers of inks in different colors, drying between. I don't have lots of stamps so I went looking for something that would create the look and found my natural sponges for sponge painting and started adding layers with the sponge. I created the foam with a snow marker which becomes dimensional when heated. Some distress stickles added some texture to the sand and all of the little shells I collected added the final details.
Maybe a little over the top but it was fun doing it. As Tim says, "You get what you get."

Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:46 pm The idea for this LO came when I was sitting similar to the picture at the beach in Florida. I was collecting the tiny little shells with the idea of using them on a LO. As I sat there, I wondered if I could recapture the scene on paper. And then came Jan's challenge.
I had seen this Tim Holtz stamp and thought it would be perfect to create the bubbles and layers of the water and sand BUT I did not want to pay $25.00 for it.

Here's what I did. Layers of inks in different colors, drying between. I don't have lots of stamps so I went looking for something that would create the look and found my natural sponges for sponge painting and started adding layers with the sponge. I created the foam with a snow marker which becomes dimensional when heated. Some distress stickles added some texture to the sand and all of the little shells I collected added the final details.
Maybe a little over the top but it was fun doing it. As Tim says, "You get what you get."

I absolutely love this Patti - are the shells real? If so, where on earth did you find such tiny ones that are going to bulk your books?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “June 2022 - 4th Annual Scrap "Lift" Your Stash”