SQOTD 6.21.17

LoriS
Station Chef

SQOTD 6.21.17

Post by LoriS »

Do you like to "scraplift" other people's layouts? And what usually draw you to a layout you want to lift?
LoriS
Station Chef

Re: SQOTD 6.21.17

Post by LoriS »

I don't scraplift a lot of layouts, but I do occasionally. As for what draws me to it...it depends on the layout - sometimes it's the overall design, and sometimes it's the colors or the subject of the layout.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Occasionally I scraplift a layout. Most often it's the general design that gets my attention, but occasionally it may be a color combination, particular embellishments or other details.
Brenda B
In the Kitchen

Post by Brenda B »

I don't normally scraplift a page, unless it's for an actual scraplift challenge. Usually it's the page design that catches my eye.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I do...mainly because someone has done a LO I love, or I am doing the page of the month from Bella Blvd. where they want you to lift (copy) it, or I need to get something done fast. What catches my eye are colors and design and whether or not there is just a little something that makes it stand out to me from all of the rest that might surround it. It doesn't bother me to lift or be lifted because it is a compliment to the creator of the original ( I try to remember to give them credit). I figure if it is something that I really like why spend the time to create something different if it is what works with my pictures. after all there really is nothing new under the sun...we keep recycling the same ideas. Lifting is like using a sketch with color.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

For me it's to get pages done.....I have no mojo, none, nadda, zilch....and this helps me.

Typically I scraplift using kits where I have the same items the original creator used.....the challenge for me is to convert it to 8-1/2 x 11 as most of the layouts I lift are 12 x 12
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Heck yeah! If I choose to scraplift a layout it's because there's something about it that I love and want to recreate it using my own personal photos, papers and embellishments. And sometimes I just need a jump start and scraplifting someones layout it just easier. Although, my layouts rarely resemble the original layout because I use different papers and embellishments. What draws me to a layout....the design first and then the colors.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Love to scraplift
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

YES!! If I'm ever in a scrap rut, it pulls me right out of it. That's why I love the challenges here. They make me do something on a page I wouldn't think to do myself. Thank you everyone for helping my books look super!! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Used 2/27/2023
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”