SQUOTD: September 25th

LisanTexas
Prep Cook

SQUOTD: September 25th

Post by LisanTexas »

Good morning!! Do you use your scrapbook storage as "decor" in your craft room?

I have a jar of flowers, a jar of ribbon and a jar of flair buttons that I keep out on a shelf as decorations in my scrap room, it serves as storage but also decor. I have another shelf that is kind of empty and needs more stuff on it so I am hoping to get to Hobby Lobby soon to get more jars to add to this shelf and give me more storage. One of the online classes I took had us make a "joy jar" where we decorated a tag to go around the jar and then filled it with stuff we loved and brought us joy. I thought it was a great idea but while I put a bunch of trims in the jar I bought for it I never finished the tag :lol: I have been wanting to make tags for all of my jars to dress them up a bit...when I finally do I will share a picture!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: SQUOTD: September 25th

Post by Tamara »

a few things I do. I have three suitcases with flowers and embellishments in but then I find myself never reaching for them. They have been just sitting on the shelf for a few years and I am pondering how I need to change it up. I also have the glass jars with all my ribbon (well not really all)m by color on my Hutch
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I keep the old jars from candles and have several filled with flowers on a pretty shelf in my scraproom. I have a metal bucket with big magnetic butterflies on it that holds my journaling tags and dh made me a mug tree that holds most of my washi tape. I also display items I received back when I was doing a lot of swaps on my bookcase.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

no decor in my scrap closet. just function for me
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I have a corner of the office that I share with the hubby, so I don't have a lot of scrapbook decor....yet.
I am planning on getting the Kallax cubes from Ikea in the next few months and then I can get decorative baskets or boxes to put my stuff in.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I don't do glasses/jars as if items are in those types of things, they don't get used
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I moved my scraproom from a small breezeway room between my main house and the garage to an actual room that used to be my living room. It's now functioning as my scraproom, living room, and virtual classroom. My husband shiplapped it for me, we bought the Kallax squares from Ikea for storage. So I have quite a few jars filled with buttons, brads, etc. decorating my desk area. I keep the majority of the embellishments in plastic boxes in my Kallax squares though.
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

When I move into my new scrap room I will definitely be using some as decor. Right now it's all just piled on shelves and in the china cabinet since my dining room set is my scrap area now. Pretty much everything is on display as it's right in the middle of the small cabin. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have my a few of my shelves decorated with glass jars of ribbon and buttons. I also have an old Tom's cracker jar that came out of Uncle Charlie's store also filled with ribbon. I have an old Royal pink typewriter that sits on top of my Ikea bookcase as well as a lamp and other decorative items. I also have quite a bit of milk glass that holds washi tape and bits and bobs. My desk was once my sons bedroom dresser that Jack and Kyle added a larger top to that I painted and distressed and I have the drawers filled with scrap supplies as well.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”