SQOTD: September 21st

LisanTexas
Prep Cook

SQOTD: September 21st

Post by LisanTexas »

Good morning!! Have you ever made an album for someone for a gift?

My good friend's husband recently passed away and everyone is sharing pictures of them and him on IG and Facebook so I am taking those pictures and making her a mini album to hold the pictures. I was just going to make an album without pictures and let her fill it but then I thought about if someone gave me an empty album how long it would take me to get pictures in it and decided this is better...I might add a few pages without pics so she can add her favorites there. I won't see her in person until February so I have a while to finish it, I hope she likes it.
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: SQOTD: September 21st

Post by Wendy »

I made an album for my brother. My Mom had cleaned out her closet a few years ago and gave us all our baby pics, school pics..whatever.
My brother said he didn't know what to do with them, so I put them all together in a scrapbook and presented it to him on his 40th birthday. He cried. Best feeling ever.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

What a thoughtful thing to do, Lisa!! I've made gift albums for my Mom over the years of her great grandkids since she doesn't see them all very often.
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Such a wonderful thoughtful gift Lisa! I've made a wedding album for my stepdaughter and 3 albums for a friends niece. But the best one was one I did for my brother. Years ago, our mother had made me an album with all my baby and childhood pics and had gotten a pile ready for my brothers album but never put it together for some reason. I snuck those photos and more from our parents house after they passed (my brother was living there) and put together an album for him and gave it to him on his 50th birthday. He cried when he got it which meant so much to me.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Lisa that is wonderful. She will love it so much more with the photos all in there. I have made several to give away. Usually they are pics that I have of them or I take baby pics of a newborn and make a quick 6x6 accordian book to give them
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I have made many baby albums. I did a birthday one for my mom's 90th. One day when I was at her house she showed it to me and said she the wonderful gift my granddaughter made for me. I could not convince her that I was the one who made it and not my niece. :lol:
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have made baby albums (minus the photos) and an anniversary mini album (minus photos)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I've made several for friends and for my nieces.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I did one for my hubby's mom; it was so much fun. We displayed it at her memorial and people looked at all the different photos of her in it
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Oh my YES! :) I used to do that a LOT! I've even been paid to make albums for other people. Not since we moved up here though. I've given many albums as Christmas gifts or wedding gifts.
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”