SQOTD: September 20th

LisanTexas
Prep Cook

SQOTD: September 20th

Post by LisanTexas »

Good morning!! Do you have a sewing machine and if so do you ever sew on your paper projects?

I never wanted a sewing machine but then back in February I went to a crop and they had a sewing machine and people were using it so I tried it and fell in love with the look!! I made some shaker cards/tags and sewed on a few cards at the crop. I decided to get a sewing machine after I got paid next...well, then COVID hit and I got furloughed so I put it off and now apparently you can't easily buy a cheaper sewing machine, they are all sold out on Amazon and also in my local Joanns/Hobby Lobby. So I guess I will have to wait...but it's on my to buy list!
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: SQOTD: September 20th

Post by Wendy »

I wanted a sewing machine really bad when we bought our house. I had ideas of making my own custom curtains, pillows, valances...oh boy, did I have ideas. Then I got really frustrated because I didn't know what I was doing...lol.

So my machine now sits int he closet under 3-4 inches of dust.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I have sewed on pages in the past but you have to use a different needle for paper than material. I haven't sewed lately on paper but doesn't mean I can't haha but I would have to go upstairs to sew. There are just so many cool things we scrapbookers can do that if we don't do it often we set it aside or forget. I did buy that tiny machine years ago that came in blue, pink and yellow but I never used it much so I sold it. it was only like $20 maybe they will bring them back. I may have ore patience these days. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I've sewn on some of my pages and I really like the look. My problem is my sewing machine, it's old, about 35 yrs old and it's a pain to thread it. I have to get the book out every time I want to use it so it doesn't get used much. It is sitting out in my scraproom though.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I really want to learn how to sew on my projects. I love the look. I have a sewing machine, but my daughter actually uses it to sew. She makes pillows, alters her friends' clothes...she is quite handy in that department, and I'm afraid to dull her needle sewing on paper. Partly because I don't know how to change the needle. Maybe I will get brave the next time she comes home from college and have her give me a tutorial.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I bought a cheap small machine but I haven't gotten up the nerve to use it much. Afraid I am going to ruin my project/paper
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I use a machine but also hand sew....in fact tommorrow's challenge...... :lol:
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I have a sewing machine, but I don’t like to use it for paper sewing. Maybe one day I’ll buy a machine just for scrapbooking!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have sewn on my pages in the past but honestly, it's too time consuming and I'm a lazy scrapper. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”