SQOTD-AUG 21, 2020

sthom97093
Challenge Team

SQOTD-AUG 21, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

Do you prefer to scrap at cropping events or by yourself?
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: SQOTD-AUG 21, 2020

Post by sthom97093 »

I used to go to crops a few times a year, but it was inevitable that I would forget something. (One time I forgot my pictures...thankfully the crop was not too far from my house). Also I would get a project 3/4 of the way done and realize the final touch I wanted to use was an embellishment/etc that I did not bring to the crop with me. Then my daughters began to get older and weekends became jam packed with sports and other events. Long story short (although this wasn't very short), it was easier to scrap by myself. So now when I have free time, I scrap at my house with a video streaming in the background with my daughter doing something at the desk next to me and a dog at my feet. And that is perfectly fine with me!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

By myself surrounded by all my scrap crap. I have been to crops but haven't had much success in getting a whole lot done. I'm either too busy talking or didn't pack an item I needed.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

As much as I love the retreats, I actually accomplish more by myself where I am not distracted and have everything close by. I remember carrying LOADS of scrap crap to all day crops only to get a page or two done. Now I just take a bag with a couple of kit projects. Less hassle and less weight.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I've only ever scrapped at home and I don't think there are any groups around here.
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Never been to a crop
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

I've only been to crops when I was first starting out, so I could bring everything I had (plus it was only on the other side of town). Now I wish I could crop with others most likely because I only scrap alone. I would get lots done at the crops, even with breaks.
--Danielle--
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

My preference is at crops. I'm more motivated then because I've planned out my layouts, have the kits ready and the photos. Although I really do love scrapbooking by myself a lot too... me time where I can just play and have peace and quiet.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I prefer scrapping by myself with all my stuff, But I do enjoy the virtual crops. Scrapbooking with others and all my stuff!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I enjoy the virtual crops a lot. Otherwise, I have no choice because no one else I've met here scraps. :( When I lived in Florida and there were a couple of stores nearby I'd go all the time with my friend to crops. Sometimes we'd go twice a month. I got to the point where I'd do what I could with what I had and then if I didn't have everything I'd put that project away and start another one. That way when I got home (or the next day) all I had to do was put whatever I was missing on the layout and it would be done! Sometimes I'd get a lot done and others I would be too busy chatting or shopping or looking at what everyone else was making. :)

But I do enjoy scrapping at home a lot. I just get in a zone when I'm by myself and just let everything else go around me. It's easier now that I have a better chair and I'm not in the way if Steve wants to get past me. My scrappy area is the dining room and I use the dining room set I inherited from my parents and it's smack dab in the middle of our little cabin. I am often in the way but not as much with my new rolling chair. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”