SQOTD-AUG 16, 2020

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: SQOTD-AUG 16, 2020

Post by Tamara »

sthom97093 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Tamara wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:12 am I feel like I use more brown and green but maybe it's because I am always doing cabin pages. :mrgreen:
I would LOVE to have a cabin in the woods...That is my dream someday.
Both my DH and I grew up with family cabins but never could afford our own when our kids were little. Banks required half down on recreational property. After our daughter was married and our son was in his early twenties we had an opportunity to purchase five acres next to my scrapbooking friends property. I dreamed of having scrapbook retreats. We built it ourselves and had it for ten years. It was alot of fun and a nice getaway from the city. We went up there almost every weekend. In 2015 we decided to sell because of my pulmonary hypertension and the altitude. So sad we don't have it anymore but some days my DH is glad he doesn't have to climb on that tall ladder to stain every five years and all the other upkeep that goes with it. Those aches and pains in your old age come through and let you know you are not so young anymore. haha. We still have all our wonderful memories!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:11 am
sthom97093 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:59 pm
Tamara wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:12 am I feel like I use more brown and green but maybe it's because I am always doing cabin pages. :mrgreen:
I would LOVE to have a cabin in the woods...That is my dream someday.
Both my DH and I grew up with family cabins but never could afford our own when our kids were little. Banks required half down on recreational property. After our daughter was married and our son was in his early twenties we had an opportunity to purchase five acres next to my scrapbooking friends property. I dreamed of having scrapbook retreats. We built it ourselves and had it for ten years. It was alot of fun and a nice getaway from the city. We went up there almost every weekend. In 2015 we decided to sell because of my pulmonary hypertension and the altitude. So sad we don't have it anymore but some days my DH is glad he doesn't have to climb on that tall ladder to stain every five years and all the other upkeep that goes with it. Those aches and pains in your old age come through and let you know you are not so young anymore. haha. We still have all our wonderful memories!!
That is awesome that you were able to have that time as cabin owners. :)
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I tend to use a lot more blues and greens

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”