Tuesday, May 5 -- Scrapbook QOTD

BarbP
Sous Chef

Tuesday, May 5 -- Scrapbook QOTD

Post by BarbP »

Good morning, friends! It's actually still night time -- 1:37 a.m. Central Savings time, to be exact. Fell asleep out in the living room about 9 p.m., woke up at 12:00 a.m. and can't get back to sleep. Soooooooo ..... here's todays SQOTD:

This speaks more to your photos than the actual process of creating a page, but today's question is: How do you organize and archive your photos? I've always struggled a little with this part of the process. I usually try to create one folder for eah month, then put all of those folders into a larger one marked with the year the photos were taken. I'm finding, however, that Google especially tries to commandeer almost all of my files into OneDrive, of which I'm not a fan.

Have you found any simpler, faster ways to group and archive your photos?
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Tuesday, May 5 -- Scrapbook QOTD

Post by Jan Mosier »

My photos are all over the place. I have some in boxes, some on a jumpdrive, some on my computer, some still in those old photo albums.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I have them in files on my computer in 3 different places. Google photos...this is how my daughter shares with me. I leave them there until I print them for LOs. I have all of my pictures that I import saved on my computer under pictures and they are all sent to Picassa which is my editing program, a Google product that is no longer supported but a product I love. I also have Carbonite to back them all up. Pictures that are printed are organized by subject in photo storage totes and I have a couple of totes that need to be organized plus I have boxes of family pictures that I inherited that I need to go through. My intention is to scan them so they are in files and then to pack them up in a safe manner for a future generation who probably won't want them.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We finally had to turn off google drive because it was running 24/7. mine are on several different hard drives and I use that hard drive to bring the photos in as I need them. I try to keep them in folders but that doesn't always happy but at least I have the years together. IT is always a challenge and will always be. It's like trying to keep a clean scrap room. I print a couple hundred at a time so I don't always have to keep going through them on the computer. My DH does not like that I have so many pictures and we run out of space on the drive.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Thank you for the information, ladies! I really dislike Google Drive; it just doesn't fill any real need for me. I also don't like Google deciding where my files should be. It sounds as though I could cut Google loose, eliminating some frustration.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I move mine to dated folders and then upload them to Snapfish when I want to print them. Once I get them printed I separate them by subject and keep them in photo boxes.
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I use folders in picassa
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I use folders under the pictures folder on my computer. I organize by year and item/event after that. I use PhotoViewer (I think) to review and edit photos. I will have to look at it when I'm on my Scrap Laptop

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”