SQOTD 10/29/2019

Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

SQOTD 10/29/2019

Post by Greatgramof5 »

Hello everyone!
Today we will be thinking about SB RELATED crafts and the scary sounding "OUT OF THE BOX" projects.
SB related usually means cards to most of us but it also includes journals, decorated stationary, wall hangings and ATCs (artistic trading cards that were a big trend 10 years ago.. So SB related just means using SB materials of all sorts on a flat surface.

"Out of the box" only means a project that is NOT flat/has dimension. Still some fear? We all have covered an oatmeal box with wrapping paper and glued on decorations. Wrapping paper is just a bigger version of SB paper. Examples-use large wooden alpha and decorate it with paper and any SB element and hang your child's name on the wall. Christmas decor using SB materials. These are simplier but you get the idea.

What SB related projects have you done? What "Out of the box" items have you tried?

I've done cards even though I'm not a cardmaker and taught a class about making ATCs. After getting tired of mailing them around, I started using them as embellies on LOs.
I've done calenders, wall hangings, made uncountable numbers of containers for my materials.
BTW does anyone remember when making paper purses was a fad?
8-) Karen
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: SQOTD 10/29/2019

Post by Tamara »

Years ago we did all kinds of swaps. I still have quite a few of those items. I take several classes at our local scrapbook store so I'm not looking to find things to use. I have a room full of stuff and always say I don't need more and then all of a sudden cute things appear and find a home in my scrap room. My interpretation of "out of the box" was something that you wouldn't necessarily do but you jump it and accomplished a craft you wouldn't ordinarily have done. The best part is the success that you feel after doing it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I use to do a lot of "out of the box" stuff mostly for swaps. I've done journals, birdhouses, repurposed jars, wall hangings/placques. I always enjoyed doing them but I'm so far behind on my scrapping that I gave up on then. I'm still collecting jars and containers thinking I'll get to them someday though!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Years ago I made a sampler wall hanging type picture out of Basic Grey pattern paper using a scallop punch. I had it hanging in the house for awhile.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

The biggest off the page thing I did was an advent calendar
meterr
In the Kitchen

Post by meterr »

Using traditional "scrapbooking" materials I have made wreaths, paper banners, picture frames, decorated jars for teacher gifts, little books with pockets to hold tags, etc. I LOOOOVE making things to decorate the house using paper products
:geek: Terri

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”