SQOTD 10/22/2019

Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

SQOTD 10/22/2019

Post by Greatgramof5 »

Good morning :shock:
Today let's talk PHOTOS. Do you print your own? What size do you prefer? How many do you usually use on a page? How do you store your photos?

I use a couple online printing companies when they offer sale prices usually around holidays. I prefer 4 x 6 or smaller. I'm using 2 or 3 pix on a page lately but occasionally wil use a block lay out and use up to 8 pix. One photo on a page is sometimes difficult for me.
I keep my newest two photo orders out to use and store older ones in sections from 3 to 10 years back in one case. Another case has sections 20 years, 45 years and 75+ years old. It works for grabbing exactly what I need.

What are your preferences and how do you use your photos on your page? Do you have a convenient way to find the pix you need?
8-) Karen
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: SQOTD 10/22/2019

Post by Jan Mosier »

These days I print at home as I need them. I usually print 4x4 and use one photo per layout.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I print my own and use all different sizes. I can go from 1 photo to many depending on the LO and how many pictures I have. If there are several I use pocket pages along with the LO page to tell the whole story. I store them in many ways. Some are in photo boxes, some are in envelopes and some are laying on my desk. I have decided to pick a year and keep working at it until the year is done....so I'm really behind.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I print mine through an online service (usually snapfish). I scrap with a variety of sizes, but my go to is to scrap wallet sized pictures so I can fit 2-4 on a page without overwhelming the page with pictures.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I use walgreens or Shutterfly and print 100 at a time. I scrap chronological so I use to have piles of boxes but now that the digital world is here, I don't always have them printed in advance.
I almost always use 3-5 sometimes more on a layout because I have so many poses and don't want to leave one out :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

I print my own. I use my cute little Canon Selphie mostly. If I want bigger prints I use the computer printer.
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

Right now I print mine through an online service - I'm hoping to get the Canon Selphy for Christmas though! I print all sizes and use all sizes on my layouts. Not only do I do traditional scrapbooking, but I also do pocket pages and TN's so the smaller sizes come in handy for those.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I mostly order online but if I want a specific size, etc I print at home; I have a couple of different sized printers. For storage, mine is first by year, then broken down by subject in that year. Unless just a few pic's of a random thing and I leave it under the year. Mine are in photo storage boxes by number and I have a spreadsheet that is date sorted that has dates and subject on it with a corresponding number for what photo storage box it is in. So I just grab whatever box goes with which date I am working on. I scrap chronologically and I almost always use more than one photo on a page.
meterr
In the Kitchen

Post by meterr »

As a digi scrapper I hardly ever print. I did some lately to give my adult son some for his apartment and a few to frame
:geek: Terri

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”