SQoTD 4-26

Wanda
Station Chef

SQoTD 4-26

Post by Wanda »

I have to scrap standing up. I can't really see the layout and get a good angle on spacing and placement and all of that if I'm sitting down.
I have my scrap table (really old rectangular dining room table with folding leaves) elevated with bed risers. It is the perfect height!

Do you scrap standing or sitting?
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: SQoTD 4-26

Post by tammyfolk »

I scrap sitting.....and struggle with the same things that you just mentioned. Maybe after all of this time I've been doing it wrong!! Might have to at least give it a try.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I start off sitting but end up standing.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

When I am just starting out on page - playing around with where things are going to go - I am sitting, but when it comes time to actually stick things down I have to stand up to make sure I am getting them straight!
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

i do both standing and sitting. unfortunately my body could not handle only standing
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I scrap standing too for the same reasons as you, Wanda. I converted an old dresser to a scrap table. I added a piece of MDF to the top to make it wider and longer so that I could slide a stool under the overhang. I don't use it but it's there if I want to sit and ponder a minute. I use the drawers to house my most used supplies.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I'm tall, so it's relatively easy for me to scrap sitting down. I do stand sometimes, though, when I need to get a better perspective. It's also easier for me to use the paper cutter from a standing position. With the arthritis it's sometimes easy to just sit all day, but that isn't good for my joints or circulation, so I have some things placed a little farther away in my scrap room so I have to get up and walk around every now and then.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I sit. If I am scrapping with a friend or at a retreat I sit on the floor. At home I spend half the time on the floor and half at my table.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Patti wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 pm I sit. If I am scrapping with a friend or at a retreat I sit on the floor. At home I spend half the time on the floor and half at my table.
Wow - you sit on the FLOOR! I'm so impressed! I pretty much CAN'T sit on the floor. My knees are kinda stiff.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Wanda wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 am
Patti wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 pm I sit. If I am scrapping with a friend or at a retreat I sit on the floor. At home I spend half the time on the floor and half at my table.
Wow - you sit on the FLOOR! I'm so impressed! I pretty much CAN'T sit on the floor. My knees are kinda stiff.
I'm a floor sitter..find it more comfortable than sitting in chairs. Maybe because I have short legs.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”