SQoTD 4-24

Wanda
Station Chef

SQoTD 4-24

Post by Wanda »

Hi! So, do you miss scrapbook magazines as much as I do?
What was your favorite? Did you keep a bunch of copies?
What do you miss most?

I kept only a few - I just hate saving stuff; my house is not big. I really miss having inspiration right at my fingertips. The internet is just not the same.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: SQoTD 4-24

Post by tammyfolk »

YES!! I agree about the internet. I miss the magazines coming to house, as I would have them all over to look at. I really enjoyed the CK magazine, and I believe the other one was Simple something?? Simple Scrapbooks maybe??
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

Never got a scrapbooking magazine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

I really miss scrapbook magazines! I loved having them around to look at, and I do still have few around here somewhere. My favorites were Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks, Ivy Cottage Creations, and PaperKuts.
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I loved Scrapbooks ETC., Memory Makers, Creating Keepsakes, Papercrafts. I do miss getting the magazines in the mail, earmarking the pages I liked and things I wanted to lift or refer back to, thumbing through the glossy pages and pictures over a cup of coffee.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I did get one...think it was scrapbooks, etc. There is still a great one out of Canada. I received a free issue when I purchased some things at Scrapbook, etc.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

I think the world changed when magazines started to disappear. To me scrapbook magazines started disappearing and lss followed. Painting magazines started disappearing so did decorative painting stores and classes. Also needlework samething. Sad.
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

SusieQ wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm I think the world changed when magazines started to disappear. To me scrapbook magazines started disappearing and lss followed. Painting magazines started disappearing so did decorative painting stores and classes. Also needlework samething. Sad.
Yep - the crafting world has certainly changed since then. And I really really miss our local stores. It is hard to stay in business though, with this product. Seems like if the yarn, paint, and scrapbook people all got together and opened a store that might work!
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Wanda wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 am
SusieQ wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:14 pm I think the world changed when magazines started to disappear. To me scrapbook magazines started disappearing and lss followed. Painting magazines started disappearing so did decorative painting stores and classes. Also needlework samething. Sad.
Yep - the crafting world has certainly changed since then. And I really really miss our local stores. It is hard to stay in business though, with this product. Seems like if the yarn, paint, and scrapbook people all got together and opened a store that might work!
Lol I said that many years ago , I alas said a scrapbook painting combo would be great
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

SusieQ wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 pm
Wanda wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:06 am
Lol I said that many years ago , I alas said a scrapbook painting combo would be great
maybe one of those stores that is like a mall and people rent a space. Knitters could rent a space and sell their stuff, scrapbookers could do the same, painters, etc. and they could host craft nights and all the different types of crafters could come hang out together!

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”