SQOTD APRIL 4TH, 2017

Post by SusieQ »

What got you started into scrapbooking?
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Re: SQOTD APRIL 4TH, 2017

Post by SusieQ »

I went to a creative memories party, which sparked my intrest, in 2004

a month later I was put out of work and was going insane but could not go anywhere due to pain so I started researching scrapbooking on the Internet and found what scrapbooking was really about. Lol (huge difference between creative memories and what people were doing on the Internet back then)
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Same for me too Sue, I went to a Creative Memories party hosted by a co workers neighbor...long before Garrett was born and he's 16 now :shock: I did a few layouts "Creative Memories" style, and love their tools, but that's where our relationship ended. I'm a 8.5 x 11 scrapper, and I found Two Peas in a Bucket ....the rest is history.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

tammyfolk wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:13 am Same for me too Sue, I went to a Creative Memories party hosted by a co workers neighbor...long before Garrett was born and he's 16 now :shock: I did a few layouts "Creative Memories" style, and love their tools, but that's where our relationship ended. I'm a 8.5 x 11 scrapper, and I found Two Peas in a Bucket ....the rest is history.
I think it would be fun one day for us to all post a picture of our first layouts!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Yep, Creative Memories for me too. I thought it was to plain though, especially after walking into a Michael's for the first time and seeing what all they had to offer in scrapbook supplies. Who knew it would grow so big, so fast!
Last edited by Jan Mosier on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
ZELDAdog
In the Kitchen

Post by ZELDAdog »

CM party here too...a girl at church was a consultant and got me into it. Harrison was just a few months old when I started...so I guess I've been at it for 14 years!
Jenny

April Goal 0/6 Double Page layouts
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I went to a Stampin' Up! workshop. Fell in love, joined a club and a year later became a demo. Ran four clubs for about 10 years. I am down to two clubs now. I have been a demo for 16 years,
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

My sister bought me a Creating Keepsakes magazine - one of the first if not the first - and she showed me some papers that she had bought, and I was hooked! I've been scrapping ever since!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I have never even heard of CM until a co-worker started talking about them. She really liked CM.

I got started prob 14 years ago, but really got into 10 years ago when I got married. I'm not sure why I really started. I have always just been a photo/keepsake person (as far as tickets, stubs, etc things like that). I've never even been to a class or a crop. It is really hard for me to meet lots of new people at all once LOL
Brenda B
In the Kitchen

Post by Brenda B »

I saw Lisa Bearnsen from Creating Keepsakes on a QVC craft day show. I thought scrapbooking looked interesting, bought a Creating Keepsakes magazine, found a local Creative Memories consultant, and then it just snowballed from there. About eighteen years later, I'm still scrapping!

Return to “Scrapbook Question of the Day”