Join us all month long in January as we take a nostalgic trip back to Comfort Food the way only Grandma could make it!
All challenges will be Recipe Challenges based on actual recipes - converted to Scrapbook Challenges. . . lots of fun recipes to share, and fond memories of days gone by.
Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.
Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....
Today's challenge is Friendship Bread. Does anyone besides me remember being part of the recipients of your very own starter? I've included the recipe and a little history about the bread. Please read it.
Now that you have read the recipe, here are the instructions for your challenge. You must follow all of the steps carefully so your recipe turns out perfectly.
1. The instructions for the bread starter have you mashing the bag for 5 days and then adding three ingredients--flour, sugar & milk. You are to select 2 colors plus white to represent the 3 ingredients.
2. The recipe calls for cinnamon to be an optional ingredient. Today we are making it a mandatory ingredient and you must use paint, ink, or misting to splatter your background paper.
3. 3 eggs are used. For the eggs you will be using 1 picture and 2 mats.
4. Baking powder helps to give it some height. Use pop dots or 3D embellishments to add dimension to your LO.
5. Nuts/raisins are also optional ingredients in the recipe but not here and for these you may use brads, buttons, eyelets, enamels.
6. The bread is typically baked in a rectangular pan so use a rectangular journal box to "label" your starter with the date.
7. And finally because this recipe is for sharing the picture needs to be of friends (family) and your title must have the word Friends in it.